Sensors off-line

My door sensors are “off-line”, how can I get it on- line without having to rest it?

1 Like

Is your WiFi on? If so, try exiting the Wyze app (closing it), and reopening the app. It might also help to open the live stream for the camera they are connected to, to confirm it’s working properly as well.

I’m not the only one then. The PIR sensor is working fine, the door sensors aren’t doing anything since yesterday. The camera with the bridge is working correctly. I have my network set to reboot soon, I’ll see if that helps or not.

I’ve one motion sensor that worked fine for several days then shut down.

I rebooted the cam with the bridge and that fixed the problem.

Rebooting cam didn’t work for me.
I want to use them where it will be difficult to get to to stick a pin in them and set them up again.
So far they are not proving reliable.
I’ve got upwards of 40 first floor windows in 2 houses that could use the sensors. They need to be set and forget except for changing the battery.
I’ve tried exiting the app.

1 Like

That’s unfortunate. I too have them were it will be an inconvenience to have to take them down.

My sensors continue to go "off line, however my cams do not. What might be the cause?

Hey there Corinnamr,

Ensure the following:

1. All your sensors have batteries with remaining charge.
  2. Your sensors aren’t defective, you should contact Wyze Support @ hello@wyzecam.com.

Kenner

I have emailed but have not gotten a response.

Same problem. Camera works well but the sensor won’t stay online more than a day. Have emailed support, but no response other than standard troubleshooting.

does anyone know how the sensors talk to the hub, does the hub poll the sensors every few seconds/minutes to see if they are still up? or does the sensor talk to the hub only , when it changes state from open to close?

“Wireless keyboards and mice use RF links at 27Mhz or 2.4Ghz. Cordless phones use 900Mhz, 2.4Ghz, and now 5.8Ghz. Key fobs, garage door openers, and some home automation systems use 315Mhz or 434Mhz.”

My understanding is the bridge polls the sensors once each hour regardless of the sensor state. The sensors send status changes whenever they detect an event. Unfortunately, I was unable to find the polling info in the existing documentation.

(MOD NOTE: Please avoid crossposting questions in multiple threads.)

1 Like

sry for the cross post & thanks for the info.

that info about the one hour poll time might be the key to solving this.

Maybe sensors are remaining up for 59 minutes & then go offline after a poll. or the poll time is too long (i guess the poll frequency partly determines the battery life)?

2 Likes

Yes, polling was kept to minimum in an attempt to extend battery life in the sensors.

could you find the frequency for us? it could be interference with another RF device ( wireless keybord/ cordless phone/ garage opener) at home.

1 Like

Sensor Communication Method 915MHz RF
From the specs

1 Like

thanks, 915mhz is commonly used RF in homes. any guess on how to switch frequency, or increase the antennae size?

I have a contact sensor that does not register “close” state some times (or most of the times). The red light still turns on when I close it, I was thinking that the state message to the bridge was lost. But if bridge is polling every hour, the next poll the correct state should be reported. Then it looks like the sensor is not registering the close action and still thinks it’s open?

On the OP’s off-line problem, why hasn’t anyone mentioned distance?

In my experience, ‘off-line’ is mostly due to distance, metal objects, and walls if the sensor is working. I had a motion sensor that was about 35 feet away from my bridge going thru 4 walls with a big metal box called a refrigerator in between, and that sensor would go off-line about half the time.

I moved the bridge to a more central location where the sensor only had to transmit 20 feet thru 2 walls with no metal, and it works great now.

If you have a big house you may need multiple bridges in multiple cams to keep all sensors within easy reach.

1 Like