Sensors not working again

As of about 7am this morning, my motion sensor and both contact sensors are not registering any activity. I did allow the most recent V2 software to update yesterday. This is getting ridiculous. Smart devices should not require manual intervention this often. Gonna go pull the bridge and restart. Then re-center the V2 over my coverage area, again…

Samsung S20 Utra
Android 10: Wyze App Beta 2.17.6

WCO Base Station 4.16.0.200
*WCO 4.17.0.160

Cam V2 4.9.6.235 Version 1.2.9.7
Bridge 0.0.0.33
Contact Sensor Version 2.8.0.78
Motion Sensor Version 2.4.0.80

2 Likes

I’m wondering if 1st gen. sensors have been so problematic because new ones are coming. :thinking:

They’ve had issues well before the new ones were even a thought.

1 Like

The precedent would be disastrous. New Bulb 2 results in Bulb 1 issues not being resolved? Watch release means Band support goes away? V3 success results in minimal effort to keep V2 supported? I can understand 10 year old technology needing to be replaced and no longer supported. If Wyze can not afford enough developers to support existing devices, along with new ones, they will follow the path of Oldsmobile

1 Like

Obviously, some are taking what I said to mean what they want…rather than what it means.
Therefore, I’m out. Be best!

The Sensors have stopped working again. Seems that the new version of the App has done something?

The Contact Sensors are off-line again. The Motion Sensor is not registering motion, again. Looks like this started just before 12 Noon EST.

@isaiah58 I’m on the same time zone and I’m not having any issues with my motion or contact sensors. What type of camera is the bridge plugged into v2, Cam Pan?

The first post covers the details. This has now happened 3 days in a row.

Yesterday, my WCO was also online but not recording any motion for about 12 hours. Multiple owners are discussing that problem.

Samsung S20 Utra
Android 10: Wyze App Beta 2.17.6

WCO Base Station 4.16.0.200
*WCO 4.17.0.160

Cam V2 4.9.6.235 Version 1.2.9.7
Bridge 0.0.0.33
Contact Sensor Version 2.8.0.78
Motion Sensor Version 2.4.0.80

Have you tried sending a log file to see if Wyze can narrow down this issue for you? You’re right you shouldn’t have to be intervening this often. The only time I have issues is when there is a server outage.

1 Like

My sensors seem to be working fine. However, in the past I experienced the sensors going off-line. I had to reboot the camera the bridge was in and then on occasion remove the bridge and plug it back in. This got annoying, as you can guess. However, I ended up Clearing the Cache from within the app, Force Stopping the app, Logged out, and then removed the app. I then reinstalled the app and logged in. Knock on wood, it has been stable since.

Maybe this will work for you.

2 Likes

Same with mine… (2) base and (8) WCOs no motion recording since the firmware update. I was even on camera during an action event and saw it motion tag movement but nothing recorded.

ticket number 110538

1 Like

Have you tried sending a log file

@isaiah58 Is this a Support Ticket number or a Log ID number? Just double checking here before I send this up the chain. Thanks!

@StopICU33 it is a log ID, thanks

1 Like

There must have been a server problem as my WCOs weren’t triggering yesterday afternoon here in Virginia. Between the 4 of them, I usually get at least 1-2 events per hour during the day and 5-10 per hour during the night. They came back up yesterday evening and have been recording events since. Last event was 30 seconds ago.

My motion sensors and contact sensors have been working fine since recovering from the last Wyze-announced outage.

1 Like

Unless someone from Wyze cares to explain, we are all just guessing where the problem is along the chain. My WCO continues to not create clips for Motion, just a couple of Person clips. One Motion clip of a vehicle, that drove slowly by but the clip states as the vehicle is almost clear of the frame.

I am wondering if there is some extra delay that has been programmed into the detection algorithm? If the Motion is less than X seconds, a clip is not created? My V2 is clipping away as normal.

I had a similar problem where after the plugin or firmware updated on my phone, I couldn’t see any recorded motion events, even though I knew there should be plenty. I tried a few things (including reverting back to an older firmware, power cycling, clearing the cache in the app, and restarting my router). Eventually I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app and logged back in. This did the trick! Not only are new motion events recording, but it looks like the events of the last few days (which I couldn’t see before) are all showing up now too. Give it a shot if you remember your login info!

Thanks, my setup has been pretty stable. I have never lost my events and do get alerted pretty regularly with an occasional notifications being lost. I have been submitting my events when they were tagged incorrectly.

Not sure if this is related or not, but I just bought a sensor kit, and nothing works. Can’t pair the Hub to the phone, can’t update the firmware, can’t connect sensors. Try this morning for the better part of an hour.

The light on the hub just stays solid yellow and the camera just says the connect message.