Sensors have become totally unreliable

Add me the list…

The majority of my sensors have failed… they were working great until about a week to 10 days ago, and since then crap… they either report totally offline or online stuck open …or closed …but don’t fire any notifications or trigger any actions when opened or closed. did a search for sensors offline found at least a dozen different topics over the last few weeks months…
very disappointing…

I have two Bridges installed in two different cameras at either end of the house, with approximately 8 sensors attached to each… at any given time they are either all offline, or mostly offline, or they report online stuck open… but they don’t fire any alerts or trigger any actions when opened and closed. Connection and battery have been great…

I’ve heard taking them down and resetting them may work but if I have to take them all down to get them to function every month or two, they are staying down…

12 of my 13 cameras are still functioning …and three of my four bulbs are functioning (the fourth would never connect, no matter how many settings I changed or hoops I jumped through)… but I don’t hold out a lot of hope that that’s going to last very long…

I suppose if I get a year or two out of these devices I should be happy considering the cost…

But I’m done buying anything new.

and I’ve definitely stopped recommending wyze to anyone I know… as I used to do, because a lot of the people who bought are having similar issues… Are very unhappy with me now. :sob:

The times I have had sensors go offline, which luckily has not been often, resetting the cam that has the bridge has worked. When I say resetting I mean from the ‘restart device’ button in the app for the camera that contains the bridge.

I’ve done that a couple times but it seems to be only a temporary fix… the next day, they’re back offline…

Are the bridges in a Pan Cam or a V2

V2’s… One at each end of the house, for better coverage, that keeps the six or eight sensors that are connected to each, no more than 20 - 25 feet away, at most.

Now, I just did a reset of both the cameras that have Bridges about a half hour ago (for, the I don’t know, the fourth or fifth time in the last week or so), and right now everything is online and functioning… :partying_face::heart_eyes::star_struck:

I’m going to hold my breath and tiptoe around my house for the rest of the day in hopes they stay that way… :sweat_smile:. Crossing my fingers they’re still working tomorrow…

Screenshot_20190915-160904_Wyze|102x500

1 Like

Started happening to me within the last week. Power reset will bring them back online, but 24 hours later they are back offline. These are connected to cam pans. :cry:

1 Like

If you have any V2, try plugging into those and see if they stay online.

I have no issues with the V2s. The “offline” status issue seems to be isolated to the pan cams.

Forget sending in tickets. Forget Wyze having the decency to respond. There are numerous threads on this issue and they all get ignored. What burns me is that Wyze support never shows their face on these forums. They leave it up to mods who claim they’re not employees who are just trying to help. Unfortunately, the help provided is to ask questions like “did you try resetting your pan cam”. It’s very frustrating when you post all the numorous things we try, and for what? To get a canned response. Give up on the door sensors. If you can’t reply on them, it’s best not to have any at all. This issue has been ongoing since the day the shipped but Wyze will do nothing to fix or to even respond. Don’t believe me, go see for yourself.