Sensor bridge light not turning blu

I’m hoping they see all these posts. I have submitted 2 customer support tickets and haven’t heard anything back. It has been well over a week on both. I was almost about to purchase another Sense kit, and see if maybe just the bridge is a dud. I even tried the bridge on another V2 cam this weekend (my mom has one also). It’s kind of sad, I reccomended these cameras to her and we both love them so far. She asked me about getting the Sense kit and I had to tell her to avoid it.

Unfortunately, Wyze support has a two week backlog they are working through. They are working very hard to alleviate this problem. If you wish, post your support ticket numbers here, and I will try to get some visibility on them.

This is how it worked for me
Update app first
Update firmware ( without updated app it wont work)
plug in bridge at back, press button
Bridge light got blue
further add sensors by using provided pin
https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026247951-Wyze-Sense-Setup-Guide

Same feedback. Loved wyze for their cams and hate these sensors. Also one wyze cam v2 died and it’s impossible to get hold of them. They are just busy selling and have forgotten about customer support. I’m not recommending them anymore

I started having the same issues described…initially worked for a few days after install, then the bridge started flashing blue/yellow, then connectivity to the camera became almost unusable.

What fixed the issues (and still working 2 hours later) was doing a factory reset of the camera, by holding down the button on the bottom for at least 10 seconds (info says 20 seconds for pan camera, but I am using the other type). After reset, went through the configuration steps, and everything started working again.
I did try a different power adapter, and different cord, which made no difference.
If you do try the factory reset, the info I found on it said to remove the memory card before doing it.

I removed it from Pan camera and it’s back on v2. Works fine for now

today i noticed a new status light setting and accompanying firmware (x.33) for my sense bridge. i upgraded successfully and thought to try my old bridge which has never worked on any camera. i plugged it into another camera, in which it had never worked, and after a medium delay the light turned blue. i quickly accessed the camera and successfully upgraded the firmware to the latest and the light is still blue. i guess something must have changed in the camera and/or bridge firmware that finally got it working. it’s not luck…this thing has never worked after about a million tries.

1 Like

I had this issue too. What worked for me was:

1. Camera online, insert bridge
  2. Restart camera via the app. Bridge now has flashing lights
  3. Wait for Camera to be online, then press button once on bridge
  4. Bridge went to solid blue light.

If you have the latest firmware loaded on the bridge, the button no longer has any function. This is from the Wyze Sense firmware release notes. :slight_smile:

0.0.0.33 (July 8, 2019)

Added status light control
Removed Bridge reset button functionality

1 Like

Hey guys so I read on another post about The bridge pulling so much power that the usb plug that comes with the cam have problems sustaining power for both devices. I’ve had to troubleshoot my Pam cam / Bridge and I noticed like a day after I installed my bridge that the notification blue light on my cam never came back on, the yellow light comes on while rebooting but then no blue light. Anyways I used a different usb plug and the bridge light switches from solid yellow to blinking blue/yellow to solid blue within 20 seconds. When I unplugged my usb the cable was very hot. I’ve had this other usb plug for a while now and is no longer hot nor my connection has dropped!

Good luck!

None of the above has worked for me, so I submitted a ticket.
Still one of three of my bridges won’t turn blue anymore.
Before this it needed a cam reboot to connect 2 times daily.

2 quick replies from Wyze support (Briana) so far waiting on another, with replies to try some of the above with no avail.

Wyze Ticket 442356

A big THANKS to the Wyze Team for all their support !

Just got an email from Wyze (Ana) that they’re sending me a replacement Bridge.
Wyze Team customer service has proven to me so far to be quick, even in the pass.
ALL within 24 hours …

1 Like