Sensor Battery Replacement?

I read that the sensor batteries are expected to last 12 months. However, I do not see any instructions for battery replacement. Are they replaceable? If not, are we expected to throw them away? Thank you.

1 Like

Yes, they are replaceable coin style batteries. The Motion Sensor uses CR2450 and the Contact Sensor uses CR1632. They are replaced by putting a small flat screwdriver or perhaps a dime in the slot on the side of the sensor case and popping it open.

4 Likes

We need a battery replacement section with a graphic in the Support files.
This is another thing that may seem obvious to some, but baffles others.

2 Likes

Thank you both for your replies. That covers the issue quite well.

I’ve already asked them directly to add that. :slight_smile:

1 Like

One of my door sensors already has a dead battery. :frowning: It is on our front door.

Thanks! I lost one battery when my garage door scraped the large part of the contact sensor off. Happened once before, and replacing the battery and remounting fixed it up. This time, I just can’t find the battery. :slight_smile: Thanks for giving the sizes. I’ll get some ordered.

You can see someone opening up a Wyze motion sensor here: https://youtu.be/ZGTeTglk8d0?t=381

And, of course, once you’ve opened up the sensor, it’s a simple matter to swap out the battery.

I’ve confirmed that the Wyze contact sensor opens up in the same way.