Sensor automation not working

I’m getting events from a couple hours ago. The offline notification was probably when I wasted time deleting and adding back the sensors. Sensors work but yes, the rules are not triggering.

I apologize for being late. Based on the description from @garyk, it may be resolving. I’ll ping the team to be sure.

6 Likes

Thanks :slight_smile: sense v2 can’t come fast enough. Hoping there is a different architecture behind the scenes for v2 as these type of outages won’t bode well for HMS :confused:

2 Likes

Engineering confirmed that there were some customers affected but not a widespread outage and metrics indicate things should be in the catching up phase and done within an hour. Our apologies to the folks that bonked into this!

@flyingchipmunk, I am also VERY excited about Wyze Sense v2! There are many great changes made to that product with the lessons we learned from Wyze Sense v1. We’re also continuing to improve our architecture in general.

4 Likes

Automation not working. Few cameras turning off after streaming, doesn’t want to be ON

. San Jose, CA.

Not working here either, wife is not happy going into cellar in the dark

Manual operation works fine

All of my contacts and motions are still offline.

Sorry to say, mine are still not triggering. Please fix or let me know how to fix for me, since this isn’t wide spread. Or is it?

You posted this message 5 hours ago

So how long does this phase take. This is the second day in a row with different problems using Sense. Why would anyone want to buy Sense V2, when you can’t get the simpler Sense V1 to be stable?

2 Likes

As of 7:55 CST, none of my contact or motion sensor automation rules are working. Everything shows ONLINE and seems to be working. When I open and close a contact sensor the red status light blinks as usual. When I move past a motion sensor, it’s light also blinks. But, the sensor state never changes in the app and the action is not recorded.

It is not my network. All of the cameras and other Wyze devices are functioning properly. It is only the sensors.

@UserCustomerGwen have there been any updates?

1 Like

Same as of 9:30 AM EST. All of the sensors are still blinking, and showing as connected in the wyze app but their status is not changing from “all clear” and the rules that I have set to turn on lights are not functioning either. Ironically, I never had the issues last night but now it seems to have spread to me even though it has been fixed for some. In addition, I am unable to submit a log through the wyze app. It just times out and displays “upload failed”

Add me to the list. Motion sensor show online but aren’t registering when there is motion. And things has been going so well for the past month or so.

I am having the same problem. Noticed about 5:00 am, lights were not turning on, even though the motion detectors were blinking. Had just been thinking how well everything was working.

2 Likes

its been over 6 hours and this still isn’t fixed, and no update. Heck your status page doesn’t even show this as an outage. How can i trust your system to monitor my home ?

2 Likes

Add me to the list. Rules haven’t been working, motion sensor not working, camera’s (V2) giving notifications when they are TURNED OFF. Bizarre stuff happening here the past couple of days.

1 Like

Add me to the list as well. I just set these up yesterday, and found they stopped this morning.

Yep, stopped working sometime last night, still not working this morning. Rebooted camera with the sensor bridge, no luck. Can control things manually, but sensors aren’t pushing status changes up.

@UserCustomerGwen can you post to the Service Status & Known Issues page? That would help save other folks troubleshooting and hunting for this thread.

2 Likes

Mine isn’t working either. The reliability of sense really needs to be addressed. This happens way to often!!! I don’t recommend Wyze to anyone anymore because of it.

4 Likes

Same issues here. Reset everything thinking that would fix but no cigar. It’s been out for some time now. Hope they get it working soon. PITA with my lights right now. Wife isn’t real happy right now either my automation not working. Your killing me Wyze!

1 Like