Sense motion sensor offline

The wyze USB device is a separate bridge (router) just for the sense devices. It does this at a different frequency or any use of your home wifi router. I had rampant issues with the attached sensors randomly going offline. The newest ver of firmware has corrected this for me with only one issue and that of the bridge losing all communication with the sensors after over a week of use, reboot of cam fixed it.
My bridge is on a pancam, initially to verify the power supply I used a 5v@ 3a (the cam will only draw as much as it needs) to see if the supplied wall wort is at or close to limit but that made no difference.
Methinks this is a new product with some firmware bugs, getting better but not there yet.

My sensors to my doors and windows have been offline for 2 weeks and came online once in 2 weeks but all my cameras work. Not a connectivity problem. Rather I noticed this was issue after adding person detection perhaps an update caused a bug. Please fix this. I am protecting 4 children from what is INSIDE (and outside) of my home and cannot do that with non-functional goods.

My .02¢
I have been running with the updated AI firmware since it was released with no issues other than my own. I’m not sure what all the AI is supposed to do but with my “Alley camera” enabled it sure does trip an event when a rat wanders by.

One of my locations has shitty internet and the app will crash when trying to talk to a pancam there. This has somehow caused my bridged sensors to go offline at the other location 3 times requiring a power reset of the camera with the bridge…??

Coincidence, maybe, but 3 times?

I do know that if resetting wireless modem several times for configuration reasons will result in all sorts of instability issues with the Wyze stuff.

we can’t move our gateway :frowning: so I’m out of luck with signal strength

So it’s been like 3(?) months, now. All three of my sensors are useless. The open/close sensor that I put on my garage door doesn’t have enough signal to reach 30 feet inside my home to the base, or 20 feet to the orignal cam that I had it attached to. The other open/close signal that I want to put on my metal mailbox doesn’t have enough signal strength to reach the base 15 feet inside my home. Moving the cams is not an option because then what is the point if they aren’t aimed towards what I need to see? The movement sensor won’t even register on the wyze app. I’ve tried every “solution” that I can find on line and nothing works. So basically I have some really snazzy pieces of plastic with electronics inside sitting in a box doing nothing.

1 Like

Well, metal is a problem. Your garage door is probably metal too. Mine is. To work well, a sensor needs a clear path to your bridge. That means no metal.

For me, my garage door sensor was surrounded by metal when the garage door was closed. So it never reported closed. I moved the position of the sensor to the top of the door so things like metal rails and doors wouldn’t interfere, and it works perfectly now.

Distance from sensor to the bridge counts too. Whether things like a big metallic object like a furnace and water heater are in between also matter.

No way to work around it or redesign it. Metal is a problem for RF signals.

1 Like

My garage door is metal, but the sensor is on the outside of the door, but out of the weather covered by a carport.

Ok. I’m gonna have to try this. I have the same problem. Detached garage…about 30 feet away from house. Nothing has helped. metal door. sensor only shows Open when it’s closed. But I do have a bridge attached to the camera in there(garage) And it’s like 8 feet away from sensor. Even though the Device Info only shows one bar on signal strength.? I also have a TP link out there hoping that would help. Tomorrow I’ll remove it and move it in another spot on the door. better work or I’ll have to remove it.

Same issue here. Mine went offline within minutes. Wasn’t critical to me so waited for this recent update. Unplugged and replugged the bridge and re connected the sensors. They worked for a few cycles. Rechecked 10 minutes later and they are offline again! :rage:

Hi Everyone. Literally all of my sensors are offline this morning. Anyone else having this issue?

Wow, that’s a real bummer. I have never experienced anything like that with mine. Is the bridge in a pan cam or v2? I know others have had issues using the bridge in a pan cam.

If you haven’t tried this already, unplug the cam with the bridge and remove the bridge. Then power back up give it time to connect. Then reinstall the bridge in the cam and see what color the light is on the back of the bridge to see if it has connected. Others have successfully reconnected their sensors after trying this procedure.

1 Like

I usually see something like that when my internet has a couple of glitches (ISP or my router). The device that had the bridge gets wonky and stops communicating. Rebooting it fixes it for me.

1 Like

Any update on this issue and how to fix it? Just checked. Im have the same issue…

I have the same problem on occasion. I have three cams in three locations. I have installed light timers on all three and they get rebooted once a day early in the morning. That seems to work for me. I also do this with ten other brands of cams in three locations hundreds of miles apart.the routers also get rebooted once a day.

Have you tried any of this yet ?

I waited for the camera update. Last weekend I unplugged and replugged the module in back of camera, re connected my two switches. I checked them for function and they were great! Five minutes later they are offline again. These sensors appear to be useless. :frowning:

I just found out all my sensors were offline so I power-cycled the camera, which brought them back online. I found this thread and no where do I see where Wyze has responded. Am I missing something? I would have thought that by now Wyze would have identified the problem and notified the Community of the expected fix time.
Would it be at least possible to get a notification when devices go offline? I could then cycle the WiFi plug (not a Wyze) that has the camera plugged into it.
Maybe @UserCustomerGwen knows more.

2 Likes

I have never had any success with my motion or open/close sensors. I originally got them to connect when within a few feet of the cam with the bridge, but once i moved the sensors any distance away they no longer connected to the bridge. I tried moving the bridge to another cam and since then I have never been able to get the sensors to work again at all. I even removed the bridge, reset the cams, and deleted the sensors from the app. Now the sensor cannot even be readded. The process of adding a sensor always times out even when I am just a few feet away from the bridge/cam.

1 Like

This is a user to user forum primarily. I’m around but I will often not see threads unless I’m tagged (like @lbeck37 did here). Sorry for the delay! I was out of the state recently.

I’d recommend contacting our support team if you’re still having trouble with sensors. If it’s an environmental issue, our team will be able to help get it sorted out. If it’s a hardware problem, we’ll be able to send a replacement. You can get in touch with our support team through this form:

Support Request Form

I just bought a pan cam and sensors. I noticed any time I pan the camera it instantly cuts the signal from the bridge. I made a video showing what happens. I tried to upload but it says because I’m a new user I’m not allowed to upload attachments.

**I found out that aftermarket cable I bought was causing the bridge to short due to lack of power