Sense Keypad does not always announce alarm trigger

When home monitoring is activated, Sense Keypad usually says something like “Alarm active, please enter pin to disarm”. However, it doesn’t always happen, sometimes it just activates silently and the alarm goes off after 30 seconds. How can I make sure that the message is always announced?

Just a few clarification questions:

• How long have you had the Home Monitoring?
  • Has this just recently started happening, or has it been doing this sometimes ever since you got it?
  • What firmware version do you have on the hub?
  • Does this usually happen when you are arming using the keypad? Does it ever happen when you arm with a schedule or through the app itself? Any other patterns worth looking for to try to replicate this to figure it out?

I don’t think I’ve ever noticed mine not announce a state change, so this is interesting. I’ll try to pay attention. Do you think you could submit a log next time it happens? (Go into settings and click on support and submit a log that way) and post the log number in here for reference)

• How long have you had the Home Monitoring?
    I’m a pretty recent user, I set up home monitoring 3 months ago

• Has this just recently started happening, or has it been doing this sometimes ever since you got it?
    It’s been happening for a while. Given that I don’t have the system for that long (3 months), kind want to say that it’s been happening from the start. It’s definitely not something that started just last week.

• What firmware version do you have on the hub?
    Hub: 4.32.9.249
    Keypad: 0.0.0,70

• Does this usually happen when you are arming using the keypad? Does it ever happen when you arm with a schedule or through the app itself? Any other patterns worth looking for to try to replicate this to figure it out?

Yeah, good question. I also thought it may be related to scheduling, but I don’t think so. I usually arm the system when I leave from the keypad. I can try different things (eg, arm from app and see if it replicates).

Go into settings and click on support and submit a log that way

Yes, I can do that. Is there any harm to posting link on the internet?

Thanks for the info. No guarantees, but I’ll work on running some tests, see if I can find others reporting anything similar and I will let you know if I find anything worth reporting back on if others haven’t already chimed in here on what they know before then.

I do know that Wyze is working hard on a new firmware update that is supposed to resolve some connectivity issues, and I suspect your issue is related to that, so we may need to wait for that anticipated update to come out. I am guessing that will have the fix in there, but it will be good to followup and make sure this is a consideration too if it’s a pattern of a known part of that issue. There will also be an event called Fix-It-Friday next weekend (starting sometime on May 6th) where Wyze solicits us sharing bugs we’ve found with them and their Devs review them. They only publicly address a limited amount, but I have seen them resolve several others even when they weren’t the top rated bugs, so it could be worth adding this in that thread next weekend.

There is no risk of posting the Log reference on the internet. It is basically like a confirmation number and only Wyze devs have access to anything you say or share in that submitted log. As I understand it, not even Wyze Support employees can access those logs, so it is totally secure. You would submit the log to Wyze and then just post the confirmation number, or reference number for that log in here so it’s easy to refer the Devs where they can go look to find more details about issue that is happening to you. Nobody else will ever see anything from that log. :+1: Basically it would just be so we can tell Wyze “Hey this is being reported as an issue, and if you want to try to figure out what might be causing it, go look at this log reference number and see if you can fix it for everyone.” And then they can see what the problem is between your hub and your keypad and why they aren’t communicating and then fix it for everyone (in theory).

Hope that make sense. :slight_smile:

Got it. I appreciate all the help and thanks for letting me know about fix-it day, I will keep an eye on it and see if I can report it. Hopefully, I’ll be able to reproduce it before that time and can log it.

1 Like

Aha, so it happened today. In span of 2 days, I set the system to Away 3 times, all from the keypad. When I came home and triggered the alarm, the first two times it announced no problems. The third time, it didn’t announce right away. However, I paid more attention this time and realized that there was an announcement but after alarm triggered. So it could be a delay in the announcement. Does the keypad get a signal from base station of when to make the announcement? Could it be that it’s a latency issue? I did submit a log with id 558716

Thanks. It indeed does get the signal to/from the Hub. It is not uncommon for mine to have a 1-2 second delay between them, but not more than a couple of seconds.

I will remind myself to check back on this on May 6th when they should be posting the fix it Friday thread.

1 Like

@iyayo Fix It Friday is live now, you should go post about your issue in here before it gets to Monday when they stop looking at new submissions:

yup, just did. Thanks!

I saw it, you did great!

Also, don’t be too concerned if it isn’t picked/voted as the number 1 issue. They review all submissions and lots of the other ones that aren’t number 1 are also resolved, it’s just that only the top rated one gets an official public report, action plan and follow-up, etc. They also look into the others even if they aren’t number 1, I’ve seen this event fix lots of things that weren’t rated as the top bug.

1 Like

this may 2022 issue happens with only one of my two keypads. I don’t know how long it has happened. so is there solution? Bad keypad? Firmware issue?

Quite possible. Can you check and see what firmware version your Keypad has?

How long have you had that keypad? Has it ever worked differently?