Sell Wyze Sense bridge separately

Have my starter kit - Utilized the bridge and Motion sensor and a Wyze bulb in my man cave for auto lighting - Bridge range does not reach to my garage - Have two cams in there - Want to get another bridge to connect to a camera there and setup the contact sensors on two doors in that area. So the need is there… Love the motion sensors - I’m getting a few more so I may need another bridge depending on the locations I plan to place them.

It seems like a no brainer to offer these. I’m hoping Wyze isn’t trying to force us to buy more sensor pack just to get a bridge. I’d like to think they aren’t that kind of company.

But the fact that the won’t sell just the bridge boggles my mind.

2 Likes

Would be nice to be able to by motion and door sensors individually as well. I already have two bridges, When the sensors fail I would like to replace them without buying the whole kit.

1 Like

Well it isn’t totally separate but you can buy just the contact sensors in a pack of 4 , without a bridge or motion sensor

1 Like

Was about to say that just isn’t so, but I checked and found the drop down option online, that wasn’t as obvious in my IOS app. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

Well, I’m glad ya found it

I would like the ability to purchase the Wyze Bridge only, I don’t need the contact switch only the motion sensor but in order for it to work I need to buy the starter kit that contains the contact switches, you can buy additional contact switches, you can buy additional motion sensors, but no way to buy the Bridge unless you get the startup kit.

4 Likes

I discovered the same issue just after start using it.

To anyone that has needed another bridge and had to buy the kit and has extra unused contact censors you could probably sell them on a site like Nextdoor or OfferUp. I think the Sense Contact Sensor Kit comes with 4?

While you probably won’t get people buying them at $4.99 a pop (you may) reduce it to maybe $3.00 each, With Nextdoor or other local selling apps that removes the prohibitive cost of shipping.

I know I may be looking into a couple more contact sensors, but I don’t think I need 4… would be nice if I could buy one or two and pick them up locally for a couple bucks.

Seller would get some of their money back (to maybe spend on other Wyze products later) and not just have contact sensors you aren’t going to use lying around doing nothing!

I know this doesn’t fix the problem and it would be ideal for them to sell the bridge on its own. But just a suggestion on what to do with those other items you don’t need.

1 Like

I feel like there are enough uses for the sensors to warrant keeping them and figuring out a use. They’re cheap enough that you may as well hit all the windows and doors at least. Even small-ish apartments usually have 2 windows and 2 doors.

1 Like

For most that’s probably the case, but reading through the comments several have complained that they have some just lying around.

1 Like

I’ve got a motion sensor lying around. I don’t have as much use for that, really. But the contact sensors are super useful, in my opinion.

Same would be useful for those with motion sensors lying around. I get that there are probably less of those as only one comes in the pack with the bridge.

I guess everyone’s needs and applications for them are different. I have a motion sensor that only has 2 bars instead of 3 even though it’s closer to the bridge than other pieces. It has made me consider, as we increase their ever increasing product line in our house, a second bridge to form a sort of “mesh” within the Wyze system. I could conceive of maybe having left over parts or pieces that I would want to see be made use of by somebody rather than just sit around in a misc. drawer.

I really wish they would sell the bridge separately. I have 2 sets of Contact sensor kits and 2 motion sensors but I can’t use them until I spend another 19.99 on 4 more sensors and a bridge with the starter kit. My fear is I will have to buy the starter kit again because my house is too big for just one bridge. This is starting to get expensive. Surely you can sell the bridge by itself.

2 Likes

Don’t forget to go to top left and vote :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Take a look at their competitors. Haha. Most of them are 20-30 for a single sensor.

I think they’re probably unlikely to do this, just because most people don’t need it in the first place and even if you had to buy twice as many sensors as you need, you’d still be saving money over ANY other option.

I just broke down and bought the starter kit so I can have the bridge.

Wyze please sell the bridge separately!!

3 Likes

I mean why don’t you just put the bridge in your Wyze Plugs? It gets the power it needs and will connect to the wifi, extending the range of the sensors.

Or just sell a hub on it’s own. When i’m home I don’t want the camera/microphone on and only want the sensor alerts.

6 Likes

Within the app you can turn off the camera that the bridge is attached to and your sensors will still work

4 Likes