Selective use of PIN for Wyze Home Security

An ability to Arm the Security System (for either HOME or AWAY) WITHOUT having to enter a PIN, while still needing to enter a PIN to DISARM.

It seems at present, if use of a PIN to make a mode change is selected, the PIN must be entered for changing modes in both directions, i.e. DISARM → HOME/AWAY and vice versa.

Even better flexibility/user experience would include —

• Arm to HOME without a PIN and DISARM from HOME without a PIN provided that none of the triggering sensors have been opened/activated since arming, i.e., the system is not in countdown to alarm. Ex: keypad is upstairs, all entry sensors and motion sensors are downstairs. Before walking downstairs, able to disarm system without PIN.

There is currently an option in settings as to whether or not to use a PIN. Turns off the need for a PIN for everything except turning off the alarm after it has been triggered.

2 Likes

WildBill —

Thanks for your comment and I understand the action of the PIN option at present.

My suggestion is to allow use of the PIN to be more specific, i.e. —
HOME Mode —
PIN req’d to arm “HOME” Mode — Yes/No
PIN req’d to disarm “HOME” Mode — Yes/No
AWAY Mode —
PIN req’d to arm “AWAY” Mode — Yes/No
PIN req’d to disarm “AWAY” Mode — Yes/No

Makes sense?

2 Likes

Absolutely. Options are always better.

1 Like

@makrongold Remember to vote for your own #wishlist item!

1 Like

Switch from Home to Disarm without PIN (if no entry delay/alarm active)

Having the ability to wake up and disarm my system without entering a pin every time would be a great option. Especially since that’s what’s described with the “PIN for mode switch” option.

I do NOT want to be able to disarm my system if an entry delay/alarm is going off without entering PIN.
Just when entry/alarm is not going off.

1 Like