SD Card shows not installed or wont record

I have 3 pan cams with SD cards installed in all of them, all the same brand. Two of them show that either the SD card is not installed or it shows installed but it won’t record. I swapped the card with one installed in a standard Wyze cam and it works fine in there and the one from the standard cam does not work in the Pan Cam. So I know its not the SD card. I have ejected it, formated, rebooted, swapped them around, and nothing works… Any ideas?

Pan cams are known for being difficult sometimes. However, there is a lot of new info on cards which supports the idea that a standard data card, including the one Wyze sells, wont support continuous or long term video use. (As opposed to the intermittent read/write of a PC or camera) Standard data cards are not designed for it and develop problems. I have had problems in my Pans which cleared up with switching to the HE (High Endurance) cards.
You mentioned formtting. Best practice is to format the card in a laptop device using the program below and the Full or Deep option which will overwrite/repair any bad tracks which the camera option will not.
Here are some resources:

Info on High Endurance Cards

High Endurance Cards

Memory card formatter