Sd card recording doesn't work after firmware upgrade

I did reply to the useless support answer, but they failed to reply again. Also, it just isn’t a delay in writing to the card, as I have said events recorded by motion sensing aren’t recorded at all. How do you explain the change that when you look at the timeline in the view playback screen, there is no longer an indication that something was recorded currently?

I am happy to try a format on my computer, but I want to feel confident that someone has really examined the issues I took pains to describe before they send me to do “busy work.”

I promise that this isn’t busy work. I truly believe that this will help. When cards need formatted, they will sometimes stop recording and you won’t see the blue bar anymore. Sometimes the Wyze Cams will stop recognizing them entirely. In less serious cases, you may see gaps in recording. If after a full format these problems are still existing, we’d have evidence that we need to look elsewhere since we’ll have ruled out some of the variables. Another method that you could try is using a different microSD card with the Wyze Cam but that won’t have the chance of fixing the first card if it was a microSD card issue.

3 Likes

Im going through the same thing too. :thinking:

1 Like

This is what I did:

1. took out the SD card and formatted it in my laptop ( I have a slot for SD card and I used an adapter ).
  2. I downgraded firmware to the previous one.
  3. It now works again
2 Likes

Thanks I’ll try that.:wink:

SAME problem here, IT IS NOT THE CARD, I tried formatting PC and it’s the same, works fine on PC not on CAM, the firmware update is the problem, You are on DENIAL, step up to plate and fix it or at least tell us how to revert it.
STOP making lame excuses.

Welcome to the community, @abemiami. Sorry to hear you’re having this issue. If you would like to try reverting the firmware, I would recommend checking out this Support Article.

If you are still having issues after trying that, then try filing a support request.

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Submit a Log. This method will allow you to send an app log for diagnosis as well as report your issue. (Note that if you are using a beta version of the app, the log will be sent to the dev team rather than Wyze Support and will not generate a support request.)

1 Like

I am having same problem and have two SD cards that don’t show up anymore when I try to format them. They seem destroyed.