I have reviewed the related posts, but - unless I missed it - I did not see anyone having the same problem. I hope the user community has encountered these issues and could provide feedback.
I have 8 WyzeCam v2’s. One of them developed issues with playback from the SD card. Just one of the cameras displays the following issues (in no particular sequence and not always. Sometimes these issues occur one at a time, sometimes it is more than one) when the “view playback” button is clicked:
- it takes approx. 10 seconds for the green bars to appear
- when I scroll to some of the green bars, there is no recording. Instead, after several seconds, I get “trying to connect”, followed by “network has become unstable, please switch to 360p mode”
- I get the “SD card not installed” error
- there is no recording on the SD card although there are even clips available in the cloud
- I get “no more” warning although there are recordings available
- when I try to format the card, the app becomes unresponsive, the card is not formatted.
Sometimes, rebooting the camera helps with the above, other times - it does not.
Here is what I have tried so far, none of these actions resolved the issue:
- format the SD card via the app
- format the SD card in a Windows machine
- replace the SD card with one that has so far worked flawlessly in another camera (BTW - the SD card I extracted from the cameras with the above-described issues, works flawlessly in another camera)
- swap the camera with one that has worked without issues.
Let me point out that - as odd as it sounds - a camera that worked in another location without these issues suddenly does not work when swapped with the one that has these issues. Also, the SD card from the camera that has the above-listed problems works just fine in another camera.
I checked the WiFi signal - the app shows the signal strength anywhere from 80% to 100%. I thought the issues could have to do with the signal strength (although I have no clue how/why), so I checked with a camera whose signal is consistently shown at approx. 75%. That camera, however, did not have any of the above issues.
I have not tried a factory reset of the camera and I have not tried switching to another WiFi. Although I do not see how that could cause/solve anything, I will try and report back - especially if anyone else has had similar problems and either a reset or a change to another WiFi solved them.
Any and all feedback will be appreciated. I reported the above to the support desk on December 23, 2018 (Wyze Ticket 153845), have not yet heard back.