SD Card not working on New Pan/Scan

I just got my camera yesterday. I purchased an SD card directly from wyze. The camera won’t recognize the card. I tried technical support, but they’re “busy”. Any help is greatly appreciated!

0 Likes

Might want to check the steps here:

Not sure if yours is doing the same thing.

1 Like

Mine isn’t even recognizing the card.

0 Likes

Did you check any of the steps in the link I posted? Answering the questions from there would help also.

0 Likes

What links? The card isn’t recognized. Says “no card”.

0 Likes

Go into settings and format the SD Card. That is a habit I have for any memory card for 1st time use for any device.

0 Likes

I have the card installed, but I’m being told no card.

0 Likes

If you haven’t already remove and reseat the card. Then try to format again.

0 Likes

When I take it out and put it back, I get the same result. I reset the device without the card inside. Same message. Will not recognize the card

0 Likes

Format the card into Fat32 on your computer and put the card back in. For some reason the format function in the wyze cam pan makes it unreadable sometimes.

1 Like

Here goes a guide from wyze support on how to format the card to Fat32 using a computer.

0 Likes

I ordered an adapter. Should arrive tomorrow/Monday. I’ll update the status

0 Likes

The preferred method (as far as I’m concerned) is to use the official SD card formatter from the SD Card Association on either Windows or macOS:

0 Likes

I seen you post this before but never looked into it, I’ll do that now. Thanks.

0 Likes

I’ve never heard of this in my life. Surely dd, DiskUtil, fdisk or diskpart can do it.

1 Like

Actually, someone went around posting their fix in several threads. I’m surprised it isn’t here.

0 Likes