SD Card Not Available

Has anyone had a problem with event recording after upgrading the Android app? I have anecdotal evidence that the last two times I updated the app, I had problems with the Wyze sd card in my CamPan.

On both occasions, I noticed that the camera was no longer recording events. I started the app and checked the obvious settings. When I checked the sd card, it read 0 GB/ 0 GB. So, I decided to try and format the card. That lead to a message telling me that the sd card was “not available”. With no other option, I did a camera restart from the app. I then re-checked the sd card and it was now fine and recording events.

I’m using an Android 2XL for the app and my camera is using firmware 4.10.5.111.

Hi @baradanikto. One thing to try after upgrading the app, and you stop receiving notifications, is doing a “Clear data” under “Storage” in the app management section of your Phone/Tablet OS.

NOTE: This will require you to log back into the app afterwards. All your settings are retained on the Wyze servers, so you will not lose them. Hope that helps! :slight_smile:

Keep in mind that this forum is primarily a user to user community. If you don’t get a helpful reply here, please file a Support Request. You can also submit a request from within the Wyze app by going to Account > Help & Feedback > Submit a Log. This method will allow you to send an app log for diagnosis as well as report your issue. (Note that if you are using a beta version of the app, the log will be sent to the dev team rather than Wyze Support and will not generate a support request.)

1 Like