SD card extender

I’m trying to set up cameras that will have minimal physical contact with me.
If I get a camera positioned I want to get it back with the same view. One of my problems was with replacing SD cards was lining the camera back up. I’m also wanting to EVENTUALLY mount some cameras in lawn “statues” where SD card access may be a pain.

To get around that I bought an SD card extender
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DS72N11/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I’m pleased to say it seems to work fine with the one of my V2 cams I tried it on.

I’ve run time-lapses on it, removed, replaced, viewed playback, all seems well. I’m not sure how it will work if I need to reflash the camera manually, but then I have to press the setup button down anyways,

8 Likes

Glad to hear that this will work. I have some on order and plan to use them by mounting the card end inside so if someone grabs the cam then my recordings will be secured.

Anyone have success with this on V3 wysecams?

I have tried two different extenders from Amazon. I can chain them together and access the microsd card fine from my laptop. but neither of them work on each of two different wyze v3 cams. And the snap “lock” doesn’t seem to engage well.

I use motion zones and so it is critical that my cameras never physically move. But I need to dump the sd card contents from time to time when an incident occurs so I can work with the high res video. The extenders worked fine with my v2 cams but so far not in a v3.

If anyone has found an extender that works in a v3 please share the link to it so I can get one like yours.

Great stuff @gemniii! I saw this in another post and started to consider the possibilities. Most of my cams are outdoors so I have a concern with weatherproofing. Would also love to hear some reports on using a WiFi SD in the extender\adapter and how accessible\user friendly the files are to 3p video software. Keep up the tinkering!

1 Like