Schedule for Night Vision

Currently, the only options for night vision are Auto, On, or Off. I would like to be able to set the time for the night vision to go on and off instead of relying on Auto, or having it always on or always off. Quick and easy software addition <3

Can we add an option to schedule a time for night vision mode to be on/off? Sometimes night vision mode turns off too early and I can’t see very well.

3 Likes

If night vision were included as an action in the shortcuts feature you would be able to schedule it. Therefore, I’d suggest you also hop over and vote for this topic:

2 Likes

Thanks. Sorry I didn’t mean to post something that was already brought up. I’ll do a search next time. I voted them both up. This thread only has 6 votes so I guess it’s unlikely they will implement it. The other one might have a chance.

1 Like

Is there anyway to set the night vision on a schedule my camera turns on night vision before sun down and there is plenty of light going inside my room but night vision still turns on

1 Like

there currently isn’t. there is a post on the wishlist about additional rules people would like added. scheduling night vision is one of about 40 on that list. I agree it could be very helpful to many people to have that extra control.

MOD NOTE: Here is the topic that @bam references and one more related:

4 Likes

Switching from Auto to OFF is not very smooth, and timely. It seems the cam remains in Auto for too long for my liking.
I would like to see an option under Schedule and Automations > Select Action to be able to turn Nightvision OFF. In other words, select a time when Nightvision is turned OFF and ON.

1 Like

I’d like to see a new schedule device action for a cam added to the list.

I have a camera pointed out a front window and when the xmas lights are on, the camera oscillates between day and night mode if it is set to auto.

What I’d suggest is a new action where I can turn on or off night mode based on a time (or better yet, sunrise and sunset.

Either than or maybe have a way of telling the camera not to switch back and forth so fast. I have a similar problem with a camera pointed out a back window to my patio. There I have a separate IR emitter to light up the patio at night and if it is dark and I also turn on the patio lights, the camera oscillates between day and night mode so maybe there is a way to have it stay in night mode if it changes back and forth in a short period of time too much.

1 Like

Some of us are experiencing flickering in auto night mode due to the filter constantly moving. I have to manually turn night mode off and on daily on one of my V2’s. A scheduled action to turn night mode off/on would solve this.
Thank you :+1:

[Moderator Note: This is a merged #wishlist submission. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button. See also Add More Actions for Wyze Rules]

2 Likes

I love the IR Night view, but after dusk, my neighboor’s porch lights across the street force the AUTO setting back into normal camera vision and NOT night vision, which results in a really poor image quality for night time. Is it possible to set the camera to NIGHT view based on time of day, rather than a sensor? Or create an area in the view that can be ignored for NIGHT vision, Otherwise, I’m very happy with the camera.