Schedule detection during certain days of the week

It’s nice to schedule detection setting during certain times of the day (or all day) but what about certain days of the week? I use this as a security camera during working hours, but I have to remember to turn detection on/off during the weekends - it’s very cumbersome. I should be able to go in the app, and select detect “7am - 6pm, Mon - Fri.” I seem to remember this being a feature in the 2018 app version - what happened?? The shortcut workaround I’m seeing in the answered Wishlist requests is terrible and overly complicated.

Sorry to say, but this is the way Wyze has chosen to provide this option (use of Shortcuts). However, in my judgement, it’s not that complicated. You need a total of four shortcuts: on/off on weekdays and on/off on weekends. Set it up once and you’re done.

1 Like

I must be a moron then. Here I am thinking having to set up 4 different shortcuts with no in-app explanation of how they function is complicated. Thank you.

Hi @robamarin. Perhaps this section on the support site would be helpful for setting up what you would like to do. If you have additional questions, you can ask them in this thread. :slight_smile:

https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022543292&?section=settings-shortcuts

2 Likes