Santa notification dismissed by accident

Looks like the opt in window has closed (Dec 21)

Has anyone received the recording of santa? Can you show a screenshot?

1 Like

All my cams just show coal :disappointed_relieved:

3 Likes

Not yet. Will see if it shows up after midnight

Santa appears, but that is it. No letter or anything.

I opted in but I’ve got 5 cameras. Most are outside. One is indoors and I can move it to watch the fireplace. How is this suppose to work?

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen @WyzeHongfei I chose to opt-in as well and we have multiple cameras. When we load the Wyze app on an iPhone 1 camera shows a Santa picture while connecting to the camera stream. How do we know if we’re going to have the Santa and which camera it will be on?

Just a cartoon, doesn’t actually appear on any camera video. You aren’t missing anything, very disappointed!

2 Likes

It’s a cartoon. Was hoping for AR with some type of overlay. Got what I paid for though and didn’t tell the kids so that’s a positive. Merry Christmas all.

2 Likes

It’s beyond pathetic. It’s not even an overlay of Santa on my Wyze cam. It’s just a stupid gif. Unfortunately, this forum won’t allow me to upload a screengrab or video because I’m “a new user” whatever that means? Annoyed.

2 Likes

Don’t even bother. I was really excited. It’s a cartoon. It literally has nothing to do with your cameras. I was so hoping for something realistic. Even just a glimmer of a red hat. I have to delete the video so my kids won’t stop believing thanks to wyze. We moved our cameras in hopes of catching Santa. They’ll be sad to see that there was no movement today.

2 Likes

I see nothing

Be grateful for that, because it’s a really stupid Santa cartoon.

1 Like

I was really expecting some sort of overlay on a camera. Using openCV they could have easily trained a model to identify christmas trees (to pick which camera to use… Or just ask the user to select one) and determine basic orientation and perspective to generate a Santa figure walking through the field of view.

3 Likes

I want to know who was responsible for making that and who approved it as anything that a child would believe… it’s a goofy ass cartoon of him flying in his sleigh…

3 Likes

I would say it was designed by there marketing dept

1 Like

Ditto! So glad I didn’t mention this to my kids!

Well I opted in but I haven’t seen anything but if it’s just a carton thank god i didn’t get it and show it to my kids to prove Santa is real that would have gone horribly wrong

I saw Santa it was on 1 of our cameras @1200am it wished everyone happy holidays, I would post it but I have no clue on how to do that sorry

It added an event to a random camera at midnight (see screenshot). If you click on the event it plays a prerecorded video of Santa walking across a blurry living room (also attached).

2 Likes