Background: I have half a dozen Samsung Smartthings motion sensors already in play. I extensively use Alexa Routines to turn stuff on and off. I have a few of the Wyze V2 cameras setup. I have a Samsung motion sensor triggering an Alexa routine to turn a colored wifi light on in my living room. I also want to be able to trigger recordings on my Wyze cameras with the same event(s). So far, I’ve not be able to get Wyze cameras to engage or record via Alexa routines. Sure, sure, I can bring them up on a ipad or Alexa Show, and Google home hub, so I know they are supported.
- Do Wyze cameras support Alexa routines? Looks like no. If not, when?
- Do Wyze cameras support indirectly Samsung motion sensors? If not, when?
- Where are can I find the guidance to configure an Alexa routine to be trigger a Wyze cam by a Samsung motion sensor?
- Must I purchase Wyze motion sensor to use with Wyze cameras?
- If I buy Wyze motion sensors to use with Wyze cameras, will I be able to configure them with Alexa routines? If not, when?
- Goal: I want to be able to use motion sensors to start Wyze recording to SD and stop after time trigger - ranging from 1-3 minutes. And still trigger my own colored LEDs in the house.