Rules have stopped working

I have a rule that turns on my closet lights with a sense and I just created a rule that turns on my laundry room lights with a motion detector. Neither will work now as anybody else had problems with rules not working. Any advice on troubleshooting this. Thank you

1 Like

Mine went nuts too, same with notifications…First they were working, then they were working, but with a 1 minute delay. Now I opened a door with a sensor and triggered a motion detector that should have turned on a light and it didn’t. But…I made a cup of coffee in the Keurig, sat down to reply to a post, and then all of a sudden I got notification the door opened (which was several minutes earlier) and the porch lights came on all 5-8 minutes later than they should have.

Now as I’m typing this, I’m getting phone notifications the door is opening and the lights are coming on again, so I guess we’re talking 10 minute delays from all the times I opened the door to test earlier.

It’s like the house, or Wyze I should say is possessed at the moment. WTH?

1 Like

Must be server-related.

Think 12security is poking around? :grin:

2 Likes

LOL,
I think it’s more likely Wyze is playing around with the system trying to fix things that have stopped working like IFTT for many. But if so, I wish they would say so, that way at least I wouldn’t keep trying to fix things on my end or maybe just shut it down for until they get it right

2 Likes

Exactly I’m running around the house like crazy trying to figure out are the lights really on or are they off or what’s going on. My sense didn’t even tell me that my back door opened that’s kind of important to know if your door opens or not

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen
@Loki

What’s going on with the motion detectors and the sense devices? Can you please give us some direction so we know why we’re running around trying to figure out what the heck is going on. Thank you for your help

1 Like

I just got another door sensor notification and the last time I opened the door was at least 15 minutes, maybe more… The house is possessed by a class II Wyze poltergeist

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know!

Could folks running into this please send me a private message with your OS, Wyze account email, the date/time/time zone from when you should have had the sensor go off, and when its notification came in?

I would like to look into this.

Edited to correct away from Event video.

1 Like

Message sent, Thanks!

1 Like

I forgot to add in the message that the delay was on both IOS and Android and when they fnally come in, it’s at the same time for both OS

1 Like

Thank you kindly! I sent this over to the team and we’re looking into it.

1 Like

For me, (and others) this has been going on since the integration of the sensors. Unreliability, of sensors triggering notifications, rules, routines is why mine are in a box.

I’ve had zero issues with the sensors that I’ve used until today around 6 o’clock central time.

Email sent thank you for looking into it

1 Like

We’re sorry to hear that you’ve had a poor experience with Wyze Sense, BD_1652. Have you contacted our customer support team about that?

Wyze Customer Support

Thanks for the message, @paindonthurt!

Me too.

I’m going to quit running around trying to figure out whether things are on or off for a while and I will report back later

1 Like

No, I did not contact support. I have done enough troubleshooting and these sensors were just secondary for me. As it is I have various sensors on all my doors, windows, etc. that work extremely well.

Mine are, too, but mainly I’m waiting to see things stabilize. Got burned with plug’s scheduling problems.

I got my dad a camera and a sense kit, he likes the camera, but isn’t as patient as I/you are so he just threw out the sensors.

1 Like

@UserCustomerGwen

My cameras are working fine I just wanted to add that. And the delay between when I trigger a sense and then get the notification is about 15 minutes. But it is still not turning on the lights

1 Like