Rules do not work with Person detection

Well I did pay the suggested amount, figured I will see how it goes for a year, thinking that was their logic as well. If it works out and they continue, so will I. I do like the 1 year option it is just easier to pay one time and be done. As for the Person detection… maybe I am missing something, it seems to work fine for me in the rules. I have a back screened lanai and is the only access to my sliding doors. I mounted a cam to catch the entire area. If a bug flies bye I get an event, but no alert. If a person walks out on the lanai, I get a person alert, I have a rule that turns on a light using the Wyze bulb, and the app alerts my Wyze band and I see the light on. or can review the video. seems to work fine, and motion alone does not seem to trigger the same event rules. ?? I will watch next time to be sure.

I know at least for notifications you can filter if you want to get notified about all motion/sound, or if you only want to get alerted when the system alerts a person. As for rules I’m not exactly sure. I’d go through your camera settings and see what’s configured for detections as well as notifications.

I’m interested in what you find out!

I’m new to a Wyze Cam V2 for interior monitoring. I bought because I had slab leak which cause damage in quite a bit of the first floor so want to make sure contractors aren’t noisy going to the 2nd floor, From the advertising it sounded like person events works with triggers, But it isn’t so shouldn’t Wyze be giving Cam Plus Free if there is so many bugs with it? There is also video corruption issues and issues properly capturing motion detection. I started to close doors to improve the sensitivity of capturing an event. Greatly appreciate if customer service shares a extremely discounted rate for a beta cam plus protect.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.