RTSP Tips and tricks. Desktop Viewing, Password Protect, Recording, and more

tips-and-tricks
firmware
rtsp
wyze-cam

Does anyone know if RTSP works only on WyzeCam v2? Everything I read says “how to make Wyze Cams view-able” but it never specifies which version works? The bullet list from says " * How to upgrade your Wyze Cam camera to enable RTSP" but no where does it seem to say "Only works on v2 of the original Wyzecam as well as the Pan version.

I just want to know if I need to give Wyze more money and if the 10 original Wyze Cams I have are now no longer useful or out of date. Thanks.

Do they still work like they did when you bought them?
Do you read much?
From https://support.wyzecam.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026245231-Wyze-Cam-RTSP
Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) is a standard network protocol designed to establish and control media sessions between end points. Due to hardware limitation, RTSP could only be achieved as a separate firmware version for both Wyze Cam v2 and Wyze Cam Pan.

Installed RTSP on Cam v2 today – I watched the live stream in both VLC & IP Camera Viewer 2 (Mac App). IN both cases the quality is quite bad, especially the background, with numerous artifacts & blockiness. Quality is much worse than the live stream in the Wyze Cam IOSF app.

VLC reports H264 - MPEG-4 AVC(part 10) (h264, 1920x1080 pixels, 15 FPS.

I didn’t find any parameters you could tune, like compression rate, codec, resolution, etc.

Is this expected (a bit disappointing after all this waiting for the RTSP support ;-(?

Thanks,

Filip