RTSP Lousy Performance

I downloaded the v2 rtsp firmware and have been using it with home assistant for a couple weeks. But I’ve noticed that the performance has been terrible. It’s at best 3-5 seconds behind real time, but often times it is 10-15 seconds behind, sometimes up to a minute behind. In fact I’ve seen it completely freeze for 15-30 seconds at a time while watching a live view. This is all using the latest firmware.

I’ve gotten my ubiquiti cameras set up the same way and they don’t have any issues streaming.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Do you see the 10-15 second or 1 minute delay with something other than HA? Something like VLC or iSpy?

I just tried an a separate device and it appears to have the same issue. One thing I did notice is that the other app gives me a LOT of timeout errors and it’s constantly buffering.

I just checked mine to confirm this.

All six of them are matching the time - but I can clearly see I need to “sync time” on two of them in particular to get them all in line.

when dealing with the internet there is 3-5 delay. Even Nest has a delay.
This is why you record.

You fixed the Buffering issue with Streaming in HD to Echo devices Need same fix applied to RTSP firmware

You fixed the Buffering issue with Streaming in HD to Echo devices Need same fix applied to RTSP firmware. It currently still shows Buffering for both V2 and Wyze Pan cams.

[Moderator Note: This is a merged #wishlist submission. As noted in the RTSP release, this firmware is not being actively developed. Therefore, this post was merged here instead of being added to the wishlist.]

This just started happening to me as well,
Doesn’t matter if I uninstalled the program, doesn’t matter how many times I sync it, there is lag in real time.

Everything else in my home utilizing the internet is working just fine, it’s only the wyze cameras that are not working properly.