RTSP for V3

I would like to be a beta tester.

1 Like

I’ll Beta Test Please!

1 Like

Will it be a “link” to software or will we have to use the Facebook group?

1 Like

When I get the green light, I’ll be posting the link to the firmware file here. I’ll also tell the team to keep an eye here as well for feedback about the implementation. :slight_smile:

And @CaptainKirk, I’ve always wanted such an exemplary captain to put us through our paces! I look forward to seeing you ruin the curve for other testers. :wink:

3 Likes

@UserCustomerGwen,
Any chance there will be RSTP firmware for the new Pan V2 before a year? I normally pre-order every new cam and most other products that I would use. I am not pre-ordering the Pan V2 because RSTP and I’m also kind of miffed that after all the new “price transparency” that had shipping included in the price “from now on”, this camera comes out and shipping is extra again. Seriously?!? Who is in charge of these bad decisions?
Please tell management they are screwing up again! I appreciate the financial struggles of 2020, but if Wyze is truly back after securing the investor money, why the reversing standards and misinformation?
As a long term Wyze customer, it still doesn’t feel like Wyze is truly back yet. I’ll wait to see if things get better, but I’m not feeling the need to be an early adopter.

Hey, everyone! Here’s the post you’ve been waiting for!

Version : 4.61.0.1

Release Notes:

• Added support for RTSP
  • Based on 4.36.2.X

Caution: AI and other Cam Plus-related features may be unstable for cameras on this firmware. Please only flash this firmware if you intend to use RTSP full-time.

You can learn more about Wyze RTSP in this support article:

Happy testing and please let us know how it goes! :tada:

14 Likes

proxy-image(4)

7 Likes

@Mlash, I appreciate your feedback and took a screenshot to share with the team!

I personally wouldn’t expect an RTSP version for Wyze Cam Pan v2 for at least a year. The reason it took so long for Wyze Cam v3 is because we need to make sure that we have stable firmware to use as a base before we can even really start. Planned features that weren’t ready yet, bug fixes, etc. will push back the timing for getting the RTSP going and then it’s somewhat tricky to fit onto our cameras. So the development also takes a while compared to the regular firmware track where we’re building on the existing stuff instead of making a new streaming implementation.

For the shipping cost thing, we posted near the end of May that we were running some tests because we saw a sudden drop in sales. These tests have had inconclusive results so we’ve been doing on-and-off testing since then. My team has been collecting the customer feedback about this to present to the rest of the company and your post is now included in this.

Thanks for raising your concerns to me! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Downloaded and ready to load…

It’s raining here, so I’ll wait until tomorrow to fetch the camera.

THANKS!!

1 Like

Downloaded and written to a brand new 16GB uSD card. I will be flashing at least several V3 cameras this evening and setting them up on my BlueIris server.

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!!!

1 Like

Oh, Looks like you folks are excited to see this, huh?

Got that right!
I was just grumbling a couple days ago when I replaced my front porch V2 camera with a V3 that I lost access to the front porch via BlueIris.

1 Like

FINALLY…WYZE actually came through…lets get this firmware installed and see if I am going to buy and recommend LOTS OF v3s…Wahoooooo

1 Like

I have installed this firmware on my V3 and Blue Iris is working with it, but I am getting wireless disconnection and reconnect every 5-7 minutes or so. I can see the camera FPS start to drop, the video stops updated and then 20 seconds later is connected again.

It didn’t do this when running the older hacked RTSP firmware, so I don’t believe there are wireless isuees.

1 Like

Best to report all issues in the Beta test thread with a log number if possible:

3 Likes

Sounds like the same issue with v2 FW. Can anyone check if this firmware is implementing rtsp optimized this time, someone before was able to pinpoint the fact that some of the libraries used were expired and not optimized, and just “slapped together”. Hopefully they’ve done a better job this time though.

Have 2 wc3s with working sd cards, will not pick up the firmware…

Make sure you renamed the file correctly. Since Windows likes to hide filename extensions, many people actually renamed the file to demo.bin.bin - which will not work.

2 Likes

First of all, thank you (and all involved) so much. I can’t help but think it had something to do with me posting today in the subreddit that I wasn’t going to be buying a v2 Pan until they released an RTSP fw for the v3 and then ate my words, gave in and ordered one anyway. Then I find this post! I have to believe it’s karma! :grin: :rofl:

And thanks for this explanation:

Honestly, it’s the first time I have ever heard a Wyze rep explain it this way and so openly. I think others were afraid that admitting that the firmware was having some growing pains with all of the new features added would open up another PR can of worms. But this (and the rest of the explanation) really shed a reasonable light on the process and admitting that it is a challenge isn’t a sign of weakness; it’s a sign of transparency. This is one of the main reasons I stuck with Wyze and why I just bought another cam (to replace a current Pan, which will go on to knock out one of the remaining non Wyze cams to become a majority).

Got some work (reviewing product from some other companies) to knock out before I can test the v3 firmware, but I downloaded it immediately. Thanks to all involved once again.

2 Likes

It is, I don’t have it to hide extension, it’s in fact demo.bin. We should move this to the beta thread though…

Do you mean on a V2 or is there a hacked version of RTSP for the V3 prior to this beta release?