Rtsp & cams

Can anyone explain exactly what is occurring when you set any WYZE camera up with RTSP and BlueIris and the WYZE Cameras every minute or so drop, display no signal in BI and then come back up. It is all of them, and they do it all the time.

Just curious if anyone knows what is happening.

The CAMS do not do that by viewing them with their app.

2 Likes

How do you have the cam setup? I have mine (3 of them) set as Generic/ONVIF and they are rock solid. I have the cameras displayed 24/7 on a dedicated monitor. Audio works too.

That’s interesting. I thought the RTSP firmware didn’t support OnVIF.

It doesn’t. It’s just a generic name for the profile, but it works quite well for me.

1 Like

Same. They have done this forever. I am beginning to think it is these Unifi Access Points. I have three of them; one of them is even their HD version. I am just not sure. I don’t have any issues with other wireless (well, I do with two Reolink, but I thought it was just them. The couple of others I have work great.

Interesting. I have 2 v3 cams on an old Asus router that I use as an access point. It has its own Wifi separate from my main Wifi, but it’s all on the same network. They all work fine and solid. You might want to stand by your access point with your phone and an app called Wifi Analyzer. Your access point may be on a very busy channel. The app tells me how many other wifis in the area use which channel.

yOU GUYS SOUND LIKE YALL KNOW WHAT YALL ARE DOING SO LET ME ASK YOU WHERE CAN i DOWNLOAD THE RTSP FIRMWARE FOR WYZE CAM V3? I HAVE READ HOW TO UNZIP IT AND RENAME ITAND INSTALL IT BUT I CAN NOT SEEM TO FIND THE SCTUAL ZIPFILE ANYWHERE. THANKS FOR YOUR TIME!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.