Rotate image in 90° increments

This is how I have to mount mine too! Desperately need 90 degree rotation!

2 Likes

I need 90 deg rotate too!

1 Like

I would love if I would be able to rotate the camera 90 and 270 degrees in the app. I use a Wyze Cam by my door and have it rotated so that it can see packages and faces. When I view the cam in the app I have to turn my head to see the camera right side up. If I turn the phone, then the view turns as well. I don’t think that this would be very hard, but it is something that I would love to see.

1 Like

Can we please get the option for this already?

We absolutely need a 90 degree rotation option. I just put my outdoor cam on my house using some clips that hook to the siding to avoid damage, but the only way to work it is to set it up sideways

1 Like

Unless you’re talking about unscrewing it from the mount, and reattaching somehow, these instructions still do not yield a 90 degree rotation from a wall as the previous poster imaged showed.

His photo does show how to arrange the mount for 90 degrees. Here are a few of mine configured the same, running indoors at 90 degrees:

20200815_133300

2 Likes

Nope, just pull it out and rotate it. It might be hard to visualize due to that pictures perspective. Here is a similar angle and it mounted.

2 Likes

This doesn’t solve the issue of those of us having to turn the whole housing 90deg to get a vertical view like most of us posting here who would like to simply rotate the IMAGE 90deg to have a vertical view. My entry needs vertical coverage to see from stoop where packages are placed when delivered up to head high. Placing the cam in normal landscape view cuts off top or bottom with a lot of blank wall space. This wishlist is for image rotation in the app. The workaround is to open event or livestream image to full screen but leave phone in normal portrait orientation. This works for my needs but seems like others might have other desires for image rotation, maybe looking for grouping cams with multiple vertical views on one page.

4 Likes

I need a 90 degree vertical/portrait view for some of my cams also. :+1: I don’t understand why implementing this wishlist item is so difficult. :thinking:

I understand what your saying. I can see the use case and how it would be a great feature to have in app. The app setup and display options for cameras as it stands now are very 16:9 friendly.

My original picture of the side mount was in reply to a user who asked this question, it was not meant as a solution or fix for folks that were looking for the 90image rotate for the app. That is still the intent of this wishlist:

1 Like

Not what we are talking about. We mean portrait mode. Motion detection does not work properly when the camera is physically rotated. Imagine you want to watch a door way without 60% of the frame being taken up by walls.

2 Likes

Neither am I. Need to reread. This thread has branched into 2 different subjects. Display and mounting, both 90 degree issues.

The subject of the wish is “rotate image…” not rotate camera. Those talking about rotating the camera need to get their own topic.

1 Like

Please click the flag, report posts starting back from Mar 21.

Thank you, yes it did require further visualization to wrap my mind around it. Ok, now onto software 90 degree rotate please! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the same issue. I need to mount the camera sideways and no option to rotate the view by 90deg. I wish if Wyze came up with 360 deg angle mount instead of 2 way angle

The portrait orientation works for doorbell cams. Plus the V2 cam image fits fine in portrait orientation when selecting full screen. You could do it but you don’t see the value offering you any return on the cost to add the code to the app.

I do not mind whether the image is portrait or landscape, that is totally immaterial to me. I have a window where I can’t have the cam installed right side up or upside down, so it has to be on its side. If I could turn the image 90 degrees regardless of how it looks, that would be awesome.

3 Likes

Agree. Use mine sideways to get entire 100% vertical walkway area(as opposed to seeing 40% of it) and eliminate seeing 60% on camera view of the walls or non-walkable areas.

I just have to turn phone landscape(sideways) to see and then have to look at it level and turn portrait without phone knowing which way I’m looking at it. Pain in the but.

Motion was set to only trigger on walkable area but bugs still triggered so motion alert is turned off. So much for the use of Wyze camera features 100%. I’ve added the Wyze PIR sensors for triggering alerts, so no need to pay for the new Wyze Person detection (sad to see they started charging for such a feature that was added then removed).

Since Wyze cameras seem to reset often and don’t work well without restarting and resetting wifi connection AND newer products requiring service fees for better performance, I doubt I spend more $ on Wyze products. Instead I’ll continue to use my professional hardwire security cameras for real world alerts.

Wyze products will continue to be a novelty if they cannot be reliable 24/7. With the new Wyze products deviating away from security areas (weight scale, watch), Wyze isn’t 100% focused on the camera products.

2 Likes