Rolling back Wyze app on iOS

Does anyone know another method of rolling back an iOS app besides the iTunes or Time Machine method? After the last Wyze app update having to use Zoom to view the event list on an iPad is a PITA.
Thanks

4 Likes

Hey KAZ, I think weā€™ve got it surrounded here, but we didnā€™t quite drive it home:

3 Likes

Thanks for pulling all that together Peeps! Seriously. :+1: Rolling back apps on iDevices has always been a nightmare and now I have the documentation to prove it. :grinning:

If the price for the ability to easily roll back iDevices is to join the beta groupā€¦ just might have to consider it on general principlesā€¦ :wink:

Actually my only real complaint about the current new version is the excessively blinding white space - I can almost live with or work around most of the other new issues being mentionedā€¦

1 Like

Thank you for that @peepeep !
New marketing slogan for Wyze: ā€œIf itā€™s not broken, weā€™ll fix it.ā€
:+1::beers::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Shh. That could catch on. :shushing_face:

And did you catch this neat little turn?

and this one:

Here we are, 3-for-1 and 1-for-3, occupying our destinies, in The KAZā€¦

(Kā€™s Autonomous Zone)

1 Like

What the Wyze Team is saying to that after hours when theyā€™re fall down drunk and thinking up new things to spring on us:

Look on the bright side. :bulb: :rofl:

@AustinByr ?

(This cat will not address me directly - Iā€™m starting to take a very soft offense. :wink: )

I miss old Maven emeritus, @nerdland, heā€™s quite the fiddler. Probably off fiddling with plenty new gadgets, pushing them beyond the limits of their fiddlability. :violin:

Without manifestly crazy people like these:

what would we do?? Well, I am loathe to even consider itā€¦ :kiss:

Or
ā€œIf itā€™s not broken it will be.ā€

2 Likes

Simplicity: ā€œItā€™s not broken?ā€

:wink:

3 Likes

We keep telling WYZE that the app is too bright and needs a dark mode.
They respond with, ā€œOh yeah, you thought it was bright before? Check this out!ā€.

3 Likes

snot_borken

2 Likes

I agree the wyze app for pulling up micro so recorded video is cumbersome at best.

You can but you will need a few things. First you need to download the version of the app you want to install on your macbook in ipa form. Second you will need Xcode and a paid Apple Developers account so you can side load and sign the app yourself. You can use the free developerā€™s account however you will have to resign it every 7 days. Third you will use Xcode to open the IPA, sign the app and push it to your plugged in ipad (Side Load). Its very doable but another what you would say PITA.

3 Likes

Youā€™d think a guy with one eye would understand visibility problems with the app.

1 Like

Thank you for that.

Appleā€™s original campaign slogan is stuck in my brain - ā€œIt just works.ā€ Todayā€™s version could be - ā€œIt might work.ā€ Iā€™m not really blaming Apple, others just donā€™t play well with them.

Thanks again :+1:

1 Like

Lots of misinfo in this thread. (Tip: donā€™t take iOS advice from Android users). You can easily install an older app on your iPhone using iTunes or iPhone Configuration Utility. You just need the old .ipa file. You might have that in an old backup, or you can see if Wyze will provide it (ha ha).

1 Like

So in other words there is no way to do it if an iOS user hasnā€™t previously backed it up and retained that backup?

Is there an equivalent array of places like APKMirror that store these easily installed .IPA files?

Thatā€™s not quite what I said. But yes, you need the app you want to install.

Looks like thereā€™s one from ā€œiosninjaā€ and another from Cydia, but Iā€™m not clear if they require a jailbroken phone. Iā€™ve never jailbroken one of my iPhones. One of the sites requires installing and trusting a custom profile. It doesnā€™t sound that straightforward. If it were, we wouldnā€™t be locked to the app store?

1 Like

Yup! Anything not in the App Store requires a jailbreak AFAIK. Itā€™s one of the great security strengths of Apple :slightly_smiling_face: and one of the most profound annoyances (to me) :rage: at the very same time.