Roku App

Very valid point. I think you are right. I can see how practical and necessary being able to leave the room and sit some place else would be necessary not just useful. If I were in your shoes, I would not wait for promise to create a Roku interface, development, then deployment. As current timelines for already promised features desired even more its been years waiting. Your little girl will problem be starting school before its available.

I again, in your situation, I would find a refurbished or used 8" ipad and add the app. Even if the battery is weak, you could plug power in and leave it powered. An ipad will also give you more flexibility in where you watch versus just the TV. Pickup a smartphone stand on Amazon for $10-12 and you can sit the ipad down and scroll on your phone with the ipad in eyesight.

Incidentally, I have a small TV with an Amazon Fire TV stick plugged in. I also have some Alexa routines that I can call up via voice to display the Wyze cam image on the TV. After about 10 minutes it stops. So, when I want it again, I just call it up.

I added a motion sensor at my gate and it also triggers the Wyze camera for my Fire TV stick and Alexa Show 8 device. All these things can be done today, not waiting for software development.

I wish the wyze doorbell video feed could popup on my smart tv when the button is pushed. I have a Roku tv so, a Roku app/channel could do that.

For that, the Roku OS would need to support the ability of a app (or “channel” in their parlance) to switch the input, as well as run the channel or at least a stub of it in the background. As far as I am aware, it supports neither, and I doubt they have plans to implement such.

You may be thinking, “But I can push a single button on my remote and switch to Netflix”. Yes, but that doesn’t mean Roku exposes an API to developers to do something similar (especially without user interaction). Even if they did, there is still the problem of needing something constantly running in the background to respond to the event.

There are other apps in roku that allow you to view diff cameras so yes this js possible

The user “iammikehayes” wasn’t just asking for an app to view the cameras, however. They wanted one that would push that video to the screen (in preference to what was already there) when there was an event.

Do you know of any that do that specifically? (Name names, if so).

Could you write an app for use on Roku TV?

4 Likes

That’s what we do for living !

Please add support for video streams from the cams to Roku TV as it currently supports both Echo Show and FireTV devices. For example, “Alexa show me the kitchen on Roku TV”

For now, you can use a browser app on Roku and use Wyze’s new webview link (if you have cam plus) to stream cams on Roku. Just download a browser app and navigate to:

https://view.wyze.com/live

1 Like

Request can you make a Wyze app for Roku TV?

Would be great to view cameras through Roku smart TVs. Either with app or picture in picture

2 Likes

A Roku app would be extremely useful!

1 Like

Would it not just be a basic port of the App code? Or give it to a intern to play with…

PLEASE create a Roku App

The sold all of us out. Instead of giving us the option to use what we have, they rebranded them and they all work on Smart Home app on Roku TV and boxes/sticks. All they needed to do was offer us a paid firmware upgrade to do, but instead they chose this. Well I’ll be selling my cameras or trashing them. Bye Bye WYZE it was nice, but you weren’t.

1 Like

Yes I asked them to create an app on the Roku over a few years ago

TCL i beleive is ditching Roku platform snd going android tv. I have 4 TCL tvs with Roku man i wish i could load android instead and hsve Wyze app on it. ROKU is on way out it seems.

I have a home full of Wyze camera, should I just through them all away? When can I expect Wyze to come out with a Roku app what WILL support my thousand $ investment in the company?

[Mod Note]: Your request was moved to this #wishlist topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. Please remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

1 Like

Ok I get partnering with another company and releasing that first. However, you have many loyal customers that have been asking for native rtsp or some other smart home integration for our TVs be it Roku, HomeKit, Fire, Google…etc. I’ll give it a “little” time but if there is not an announced path forward by the beginning of the year, I will be moving on.

1 Like

Roku bought WYZE… so just wait…

FYI, Google/Nest Home and Amazon Fire devices do now connect to the cameras locally/directly using WebRTC. As soon as they switched over to WebRTC for those, I saw dramatic improvements with low latency and often the ability to continue streaming for several hours on end.

But yes, it would be nice to have a Roku app for those who use Roku, and HomeKit and even being able to control other devices. Wyze has said they are intending to support Matter, and if that is the case, then there will be a lot of integration in the coming future.