Roku App

This would be a massive selling point for Wyze cameras. If one could monitor and control their camera on their television, it would draw interest to Wyze cam like no other cam on the market.

Example: If I hear a noise outside, using my roku is probably going to more handy than finding & logging into my phone, then launching an app in most instances.

A roku app would be amazing! I have a fire tv stick in the bedroom and realized today that I can see my 6 Wyze cams on my bedroom tv. The living room has Roku. I would love to see it there too!! Wyze, you are amazing people, make this happen. Please! :grin:

1 Like

Yes I agree as well they need to make one up that way you can watch it independently on a regular TV dedicated just for the cams cams!

I would love to be able to customize a Wyze app with a couple cameras large and then 4-6 smaller across the bottom. The ability to click Wyze on Roku and see a pre-setup camera view would be amazing.

To be able to view cameras on my Smart TV Roku ect… thru to web app.

A Wyze app on the Roku platform that displays my live Wyze cams would be great. Nothing fancy, just show the Live streams. I can use the phone for everything else.

Also, if Wyze can put some pressure on Amazon’s and Google’s smart speakers to simply cast the Wyze cams to a Roku TV, that would be even better. For example, “Hey Google, show Backyard Camera on Living Room TV”. For now, you can only cast to Chromecast and Firestick devices.

2 Likes

This would be a great feature. Either a Wyze app or enable support for the existing IP cam app that already exists (but the existing app seems would require rtsp support)

I certainly support this. I highly recommend that a channel be created on Roku.com (call it i.e., “Wyze Cam Viewer”) to enable Roku TV owners to simply display our
Wyze cams on a Roku Channel (no frills). What a quick, easy, convenient way to see what’s going on when we hear “strange sounds late in the night”. :sleeping: :worried: :relaxed: :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I can not agree with the above recommendation more. I would love to see a Roku Client App to see my Cameras.

Even a way to view our cameras from the wyzecam.com website would be great! My Pixel 3 does not support screen mirroring to Roku but I am able to mirror my Windows display to my Roku. Adding the option to check our cams from the site would mean being able to view from a desktop or Roku.

1 Like

Wyze needs to construct an APP for Roku or Fire sticks. Then we can watch all the cameras on TV in the house or office. I am having to use TinyCam and it works but it has a lot of bugs, Every 4 months or so I end up having to renumber my camera channels. Terrible.

PLEASE CREATE AN APP FOR ROKU

If you rearrange the cameras in the Wyze app it changes the channels in tinyCam.

Maybe our approach to this desire is not headed in the best direction. Maybe someone could look on a Roku device for other video apps, and find the developer’s name. Reach out to the developer and tell them there’s lots of people interested in an app for Wyze cams. I don’t use FB, but maybe someone that does could start a request for “who would be interested in a Wyze app for Roku.” See how many people would be interested, and that would make it worthwhile to the developer. What do you folks think>?

Most developers won’t touch it without an API from Wyze.
Alexi, the tinyCam developer, did it without an API but most wouldn’t attempt it.
There would be very little monetary return from a Roku app compared to Android or iOS.

I get it. But have we heard of anyone discussing access to the Wyze API? Wyze deserve to chance to say yes or no.

They don’'t have a public API. Yes people have asked.

Tiny cam pro somehow is able to read the wyze feed on Android… Not sure how they do it. I’m sure wyze in the feature as they become a bigger company with more accessories will see the gain for roku but perhaps now the user base is too small

They won’t even attempt a browser page. I doubt we’ll see a Roku app. Hope so though.:slightly_smiling_face: