Roku App

As cool as that sounds, that kind of functionality would have to be added by Roku first. As far as I know, Roku doesn’t have any kind of picture-in-picture functionality, or even multitasking. If you’re in the Netflix app, only Netflix can control what’s happening on your screen. Another Roku app can’t give you a popup, for example.

1 Like

I hope Wyze will add a Roku app so we can view on a tv screen! Has anyone solved the problem? What did you do? I’ve heard of people using raspberry pi and have been thing about going that route. Has anyone done this?

Thanks,

William “Chase” Johnson

My understanding is that it’s currently possible with a FireTV stick, but I don’t have one to test it out.

It’s supposed to be possible with a Chromecast, but people seem to have trouble getting it to work. Personally, I’ve never gotten it working with my Chromecast, although I haven’t expended a lot of energy trying to troubleshoot it.

You could also use any of various screen mirroring methods from an Android Device with Tinycam.

I have one but never use it. I’ll get it out of my car and try. What app do I get?

Thanks,

William “Chase” Johnson

One of what?

Fire stick

Thanks,

William “Chase” Johnson

Since I don’t have a FireTV Stick, I haven’t tried it. But I believe that if your camera and FireTV stick are both connected to Alexa, it’s just a matter of asking Alexa to show you the camera in question.

I’ll update everyone and see how this works out

William “Chase“ Johnson

1 Like