Wyze Robot Vacuum - Room mapping. Path planning. Efficient cleaning

I’ve been looking into robot vacuum for years now but the majority of them are extremely expensive. This past Prime day I got one under $200 and gave it a spin. I would say it was a great investment, so I think the Wyze team can definitely make a great and affordable robot Vacuum!
The Vacuum I have is great but lacks a few features. It seems like the robot doesn’t remember where its been (makes it difficult to return to the charge dock). So that would be something to make sure it has. More expensive vacuums map your house as it’s traveling around and gives you a blueprint style imagine of your house. This is great since you can specify specific locations to deep clean, or even avoid. And of course edge detection so it doesn’t fall off any stairs.

A Wyze robot vacuum… I would totally buy it, and I do not think it will be a crazy thing for them to make after all there is a bathroom scale in the works LOL. I would recommend them to research into using a Lidar based navigation for the robot such a the Neato bot vac or like the Roborock smart robo vacuums. They could also research into camera navigation like what the High end irobot Roombas use but Im not entirely sure about a camera for navigation to actual measurements from a Lidar. A great price for a smart navigating robot vacuum that maps the house would be in my opinion is anything below $550 I also think there should be multiple models at different price ranges so that they can dominate the market from all price points because right now the Roomba s9 is about $1,100 which is way more than I would be willing to spend. They could also make it self empty which would be great for some people but I like to personally empty the bot so I can see what it picks up.

3 Likes

We have 3 Roombas. Between three ladies in the house with long hair and two cats, one of which has longer fur himself, that’s a lot of hair/fur. Not to mention the kids track stuff into the house all the time. They have made keeping the house tidy a lot less of a chore.

I would love to see what Wyze could do in both bringing down the price, The current downside of the models we have is that they wander aimlessly, and don’t self empty. I know there are better models of the Roomba that fix these problems to some extent, but the price tag on them isn’t something I can justify, definitely not 3 of them!

We would eagerly welcome this addition to the Wyze product line!

1 Like

If you want a Robot Vacuum that’s not too expensive and has certain features that make your cleaning easy there are plenty of options in the market with Best Robot Vacuum under 200.

1 Like

My Neato botvac connected rocks. It was expensive because I bought it when it first came out but I love having it vacuum my Theater and I’m not home or I can vacuum it while I’m doing other things and get it ready for football Saturdays or movie night whatever. it’s awesome!

3 Likes

I would love a Wyze Robot Vacuum!! I think it would make a killing in sales if it was good quality for less expensive than these other brands.

2 Likes

Would totally buy it AS LONG AS it as you use the Roborock S5 as a source of “required” features.

Not voting for this one. I’d consider one if Wyze offered it but there is already a lot of good competition in this area. We bought an Ecovacs “Deebot” model and LOVE it. So so so much better than the original Roombas we had years ago. (I despised cleaning that awful thing and the electronics stopped working.) This Ecovacs was like $140 on Amazon. WiFi, self-docking, Alexa integration. Eufy and other brands like those others mentioned are in the same range. The Roombas are still hovering around $1,000 ! There is less than zero reason to buy an actual Roomba.

Please create an affordable smart vacuum and mop robot.

1 Like

Would love to see this happen…

I would also love to see a robot vacuum from Wyze that can compete with the top-of-the-line Roombas in terms of features. The most expensive models are way overpriced, so Wyze should definitely be able to blow them away there. I don’t want to buy a cheaper model from a Chinese company because I don’t want them to have access to a camera inside my home. Yes, I’m being paranoid, but that’s my choice!

Okay, though you do realize, like many companies, everything Wyze sells right down to masks is owned and produced (and largely designed and engineered and programmed) in China.

Yes, I’m aware of that. What matters to me the most, though, is who has access to my data. If I have to trust a corporation, I’d prefer it to be American.

2 Likes

Whoops! I forgot to flip this over. Sorry about that! We are testing a robot vacuum. :slight_smile:

19 Likes

Thanks. If you manage it under $100 with self docking and Alexa support, I’m buying two. :slight_smile:

(My Ecovacs still absolutely rocks but the Alexa skill only supports one unit.)

2 Likes

Wow!! That’s great to hear! Thank you for letting us know!

I would love a Wyze robotic vacuum!!

If Wyze needs testers I’m here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great! Can’t wait to hear more about it or possibly test this! I currently use two robot vacuums, one that just vacuums and another that has a mop feature but gets stuck often.

2 Likes

Hi, this sounds awesome!!! Can you tell us if it will have lidar navigation or will it just be random/gyro navigation.

1 Like

Ok so here is the deal a robot vacuum sounds good and I would definitely buy one. However, in my opinion, a robot mop would be amazing! One that really mops and removes stains. There are tons of good robot vacuums on the market but I have been searching for some time now for a good scrubbing robot mop. Not just a robot that pushes a pad around and there aren’t really any good options. Irobot use to have the Scooba but discontinued it for the pad pushing Braava Jet. I would pay good money for a good robot mop. Please look into this.

3 Likes

this is interesting. there’s so many different types of robovacs on the market now and i’m guessing wyze is looking to undercut them all in price, so im not expecting much more than a basic bump vacuum. i’ll be interested in seeing what other features they’ll be able to add though (mapping, object detection, mop, etc.). One of my biggest complaints about my current basic robovac is it eats all my cords/anything else laying on the floor… aka my dogs toys