Robot vacuum wheels have permanently stained my hardwood floors

Try lighter fluid on a single mark. Not sure what that will do to your finish, so keep it VERY limited. If they are rubber marks, it may clean them. Not suggesting you do this in the long run, but it may give Wyze engineers a clue as to what’s happening if that is the only agent that cleans them.

4 Likes

A small amount of lighter fluid (naptha) or WD-40 on a paper towel worked for me. :+1:

3 Likes

Hmmm. I don’t own any and yes you are right. I’ll try it. I may try less caustic measures first and report back the sequence for those needing to know more.

Thanks

Wyze?? Feel free to comment at any time.

Sherene

The best way to contact employees that have personally participated in a thread is to call them up directly. They will never see that comment. @WyzeHongfei @Mingjia

no word from Wyze after giving them my serial number and submitting a log. @WyzeHongfei @Mingjia

Did you contact Support somehow and start the ticketing process also? An app log is not a support ticket. Can you post the ticket number here if you have it?

Yes I started a ticket long ago. And I posted the log number here already

1 Like

I only see a log referenced here in the thread.

But have sent that on regardless to try and get some response.

oh thanks, I appreciate it

Hi @Slzegler, have you tried rubbing alcohol? That should help remove the marks.

I tried rubbing alcohol and it made them lighter but does not remove them for the WOOD floor.

these are NOT rubber skid marks. These are some sort of chemical burn or something.

May I know the concentration of rubbing alcohol you used? Thanks

The marks appear to be more of a burn. Here are the marks after applying 70% rubbing alcohol. The humidity in my house is low because I have a carrier infinity A/C system that monitors the humidity.
I hope this info is helpful. This should not be happening and I am disappointed in WYZE.

Can you give me the MAC address of your robot vacuum? You can find it in the app > Device info or underneath the cleaning knife on the unit. Thank you!

Can you give me the MAC address of your robot vacuum? You can find it in the app > Device info or underneath the cleaning knife on the unit. Thank you!

if/when Wyze cannot come up with a solution for me, I’ll be asking them to pay for the repairs. this is ridiculous

1 Like

Just checking in here since I haven’t heard anything from Wyze.

My vacuum is leaving marks on glazed ceramic tile where it is docked. It appears to be a removable build-up that becomes visible after a few months of use. Vacuum is run over hardwood and ceramic tile flooring only. Vacuum is run approximately 4-5 days per week. My vacuum has never been through anything wet or greasy. I clean my hardwood and tile floors with a mop and hot water only. Wheels/tires appear dry and clean, no outgassing…

05dc28e7f1ffcd4845859e4d66e017a24de9e091_2_690x388

Here’s what I tried for removal:

• Dry, white paper towel: :-1:
  • Water-damp paper towel: :-1:
  • Water-damp paper towel with Dawn detergent: :-1:
  • Windex (original w/ammonium hydroxide) and a paper towel: :-1:
  • 91% isopropyl alcohol and paper towel: :-1:
  • WD-40 on a paper towel: :+1:
    Easily wiped off, but left oily residue that I had to subsequently remove with Dawn.
  • Zippo lighter fluid (naphtha) on paper towel: :+1:
    Easily wiped off and residual fluid evaporated.

I thought about using hydrogen peroxide mixed with baking soda, but too abrasive on glazed ceramic tile.
Was also going to try Goo Gone, acetone and mineral oil, but lighter fluid wiped it off with just a few light swipes and evaporated.
Not sure if lighter fluid on hardwood flooring is a good idea. Perhaps if it’s sealed with water-based polyurethane vs oil-based poly.
WD-40 may stain hardwood flooring sealed with a thin layer of water-based polyurethane.

Model: 200S
MAC ID: 7C78B20A877E
In use since: January 14, 2021

4 Likes

Thank you. I will be doing a formal ticket as this is not productive. Although I will report back if they get me further into a solution. Or fix their stuff. I observed what mine was doing so this may be other people’s issue as well?

I put the mat down (bandaid solution) and heard an odd noice in the room where it docks. I saw the vacuum trying to pull in to dock. It docked and said charging. Then I go into another room and not 2-3 minutes maybe I hear it again. It undocked about 3 inches and was literally pulling forward and burning out which displaced my mat. No vid as I was tripping on this behavior. So tomorrow will submit a ticket and see if they can see anything on my logs for that time. Why did it undock. Why did it look like it was trying to burn out and push my mat out.

Sherene

1 Like