Robot Vacuum not connecting

It is with great regret that I am throwing in the towel on this. I really wanted this to be the killer Smart Home Device, and I waited with baited breath for my robot vac to arrive. I wasn’t even deterred by the news about having to upgrade the firmware and the app I received in advance. But the experience has been nothing short of terrible! I’m not inept at network troubleshooting, and I tried many of the remedies posted here before I even consulted the forums. Using the most conservative estimates of the value of my time, I could have purchased a Roomba 675 and a Roborock S4 with the time I put in trying to make this thing work!

Clearly this product was not ready for market, and I feel bad for the poor staff who are now living with the fallout from it’s premature rollout. I have always liked Wyze’s philosophy, and I wish the company well, but enough is enough. This thing is going back.

@sfife52
They are currently working on the issue, the thread I linked above will give you updates as they provide them

1 Like

Hopefully it’s just an app update and not having to ship it back!

Yes, it would be nice if they can fix it in the app only. But for me it looks like it is more firmware problem because vacuum Access Point disappears immediately after app is trying to connect to it. Let’s keep our fingers crossed and hope that I am wrong.

2 Likes

Yeah my robot drops its Wi-Fi as well. But so many people still see it connected to their router. My hope is that it becomes hidden rather than completely off. See what happens. I dont mind returning and getting a new one as the robot looks so solid built wise and I got it for a great price. I dont mind supporting Wyze if they offer solutions fast!

Same issue. I’ve tried all permutations of trying to trick the vacuum into connecting. Spent way too much time on this. Used both the latest Android and iOS devices. Used two routers as well.

Wyze just closed my ticket asking for a return for the non-functioning vacuum… no explanation.

I have called, chatted (before it was turned off) and emailed multiple times, but do not seem to have a support ticket. How the heck do I do that? I just want this to be fixed whether it’s an app or to send it back. I would hope that they would send a new one out ASAP as I have already waited a significant amount of time, and I feel like having to wait until they receive mine to either fix or send a new one is too long. I think it would be time for a refund at that point.

@nlockwood3 Do you have an open Support Ticket number? Post it here.

Not? Then goto: (https://wyzelabs.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new)

• Just fill in a silly complaint (Kiwi ate my homework) and continue with NO answers until you finish the suggestions.
  • Eventually get to “Contact Support” & “EMAIL” prompt where you’ll be able to enter your trouble statement and contact info.
1 Like