Robot Vacuum not connecting

Trying to connect new robot vacuum I received yesterday. I have tried with google pixel 5 and iPhone SE. Neither are connecting. I have followed the tips I have read here and on other sites, turned off mobile, turned off auto-reconnects. The issue appears to be the wifi the vacuum broadcasts, the WCVR name, turns itself off soon after the phone connects to it and then the connection fails. I tried reconnecting to existing wifi, leaving it as is, resetting vacuum, forgetting the networks on the phone, etc. Does this need to be returned? Any suggestions?

Same issue here. Will not connect to wifi. App upgraded to v2.16.55. Still won’t connect.

Same here. Nothing I try is working. Guess it will be going back to them. I neither have the time nor patience to deal with this. This thing should just work. I’m not a beta tester.

Same here

The same problem. As soon I have selected WV** network it keeps saying “connecting” and then failed. It looks like vacuum network disappears immediately after I selected it and vent back to tha Wyze app…Should I return vacuum back to Wyze? Really dissappointing…

I’m waiting till they provide another update. Hopefully tomorrow or this week. I’m also going to call them tomorrow when they open

I try connect to Robot vacuum not connecting . Try to connect over and over nothing .

Same issue no solution. I’m not wasting time trying. The tips provided did nothing. I even setup a network just for it and my phone to get it to pair. No dice. I’m returning this. I had high hopes for this as their cam has been excellent and it seemed like they could be a nice market disruptor but this product is a monumental failure. That doesn’t even consider people that did get devices to pair and are having all kinds of mapping problems and stucks. I wanted to have this work in conjunction with my roomba because my dogs shed like crazy. I would not recommend this product to anybody.

Anyone experiencing this issue can you let me know if this is the first time you are setting up the vacuum or if it was previously installed. Are you using Android or iOS and what is the app version number you are using.

If you are using iOS please make sure you are updated to v2.16.48

1 Like

First time setting it up
Android
Up to date app V 2.16.55

1 Like

First time

Android

v2.16.55

1 Like

First time - received it yesteday Jan 23.
Using Android 11 on Pixel 4a
Wyze version 2.16.55

1 Like

First time installing. I have tried connecting with a Pixel 5 and an iPhone SE. They both are experiencing the same problem. Mobile data off, recconect off for other wifi networks. Nothing is working. Not connecting. I am on v 2.16.55. Unistalled the wyze app and reinstalled. did the factory reset on the vacuum after multiple failures. Simply not working

1 Like

First time setting up
Android 11
app is V. 2.16.55
It connects to the vacuum, but then the vacuum’s wifi(WCVR) disconnects within a minute or so and disappears till I reset the vacuum wifi and repeat.

Edit I gave it a couple more tries and got the same results. I did want to test the vacuum wifi though so I connected to it outside the app and had no problem staying connected, but once the app tries to connect it disappears.

1 Like

First time. Fully up to date on iOS. You have to wonder, did quality control even happen? I mean I could understand like one version of one OS in some strange buggy scenario but to roll this out and both android and iOS users having issues across the board? I was skeptical buying stuff outside the cameras. This shows me I shouldn’t. Unless there is an update to the software on our phones that is the problem there is no way for us to fix the vacuum or it’s firmware since ya know… it doesn’t connect to anything.

I tried everything too - using 2 different phones (Android 11 and 9), reinstalling Wyze, turning off mobile data. Nothing helped. My guess - wifi chip on the vacuum is bad.

First time
Android
Wyze app V 2.16.55

1 Like

First time connecting.
iOS V2.16.48

1 Like
3 Likes

First time as well. Tried 3 different phones. Samsung A71 and Google Pixels. Reset all devices multiple times. As soon as the app connects to the robot Wi-Fi it drops it and the robots internet disappears. Says connection fail and does not finish the setup.