Robot Vacuum - Non-Bristle roller for easier hair removal

I really wish there was a better brush for the robot vacuum. My old roomba had rubber rollers and removal of hair from both the middle and ends of the brush was very easy. I struggle every single time removing my long hair from the bristle brush of the wyze and cannot remove the hair from the ends.

I would love an brush that was easier to remove hair from.

This is the only thing that I liked better about the Shark. The brush was I think silicone? not sure but it did not collect hair like this one.

Yes, the iRobot brushes were very nice, they had like a rubber outside with foam in the middle and hair slid right off. I know the dual brush design is patented by iRobot so that can’t happen unfortunately but I’m not sure about the rubber brushes. The little tool included on the Wyze vac is super handy but not as good as a rubber roller.

Another thing is the ends of the brush should be removable, like iRobot, becaue hair is nearly impossible to remove from that little crack on the ends.

Yes please for a better brush bar that doesn’t get tangled by long hair.

We used to have a Dyson Animal vacuum that cleaned well, but the brush bar would get completely encased by hair from our wooly husky (and my wife) - we would have to cut this off the brush bar after every use.

We replaced it with a Bissell Pet Hair Eraser vacuum and it has a bristle brush bar, but the bristles are recessed slightly into the bar. Somehow this keeps the brush bar from gathering tons of hair. It’s not 100% immune - still a few long hairs get tangled, but we’re only removing and cleaning the bar a few times a year as opposed to every use. There is a compromise - it does not clean as well as the Dyson did. Anyway, I wanted to point this out that the solution could have bristles - just designed properly.

I have the same problem with the standard brush, lots of human/dog hair gets wrapped around the bristles, I have to use scissors to cut the hair off after each cleaning.

I wish they have a rubber one like below. I actually bought this, but it doesn’t fit the Wyze vacuum. I took the robber piece off and put it on the wyze roller rod after cutting off the bristles. It fits but its not long enough to reach to floor.

https://www.amazon.com/Roborock-Parts-Rubber-Brush-White/dp/B094FPG9BT/ref=psdc_13397451_t1_B09BFNL4RZ?th=1

2 Likes

Tangle-free roller brush for RoboVacuum

My RoboVacuum stops cleaning well after about 2 months of usage. The problem is that the roller brush becomes completely entangled with pet hair. It takes about an hour to clean it. A tangle-free roller would be a nice improvement.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests.

1 Like

For sure. (Vote for your own wishlist item.)

This has been desperately requested several times. Really a must-have for any families with any kind of hair.

2 Likes

This is a limitation of the brush roller design and it also happens with my Dyson V8.

1 Like

I’d love to see the robo vacuum have a better brush and replacement brushes be easier to purchase. I have two German shepherd dogs and I myself have long hair and the brush on the vacuum can’t even vacuum up one room with little dog hair without the whole vacuum clogging up and just pushing the hair around the room. Other brands use a rubber non bristle type roller which works way better to collect hair.

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests for a non-bristle roller for easier long fur/hair removal. The standard bristle-type roller is included in a Replacement Parts Kit (although currently sold out).

1 Like

New Brush Design

With two dogs we find the #robot-vacuum has an incredible problem. Frankly, we have to clean the roller everyday and empty the bin everyday. I would like to have a new anti-tangle roller brush.

The dog hair entangles so badly it will literally get so hot that the ends will melt on the roller brush. Also, it is incredibly difficult to clean the front swivel roller when it plugs.

I would like to see a new roller brush that prevents long and short hairs from entanglement.

2 Likes

I 1000% agree with this. I can’t even use this vacuum anymore because of this very reason. The hair gets clogged in the roller where it spins so once it’s fully clogged the roller doesn’t spin anymore and just pushes the hair in front of the roller.

Regarding the brush roller bearing specifically, I had serious issues until I solved the static build up issue…

Totally agree here. It does a great job cleaning - especially compared to a lot or other robovacs i tried, but it would be a lot better on the rugs and pet hair with a full rubber option. And like you said, cleaning out the bristles is such a pain. I have to do this on my Dyson after every time i clean the house, and this little guy is the same deal. Bust out the scissors and pull, cut, scrape to get it all out.

1 Like

i have both Wyze and an Eecovacs robot vacuum at home. The wyze does a better job of mapping, scheduling and navigation, however, my german shepard is bringing out all the flaws. The eecovacs app, random navigation, battery life are all worse compared to the wyze , but it blows the wyze out in vacuuming pet hair and not getting clogged. The wyze brush, dust bin, the wheels and every nook and corner is now packed with my pet’s fur and even my wife’s tweezers cant remove them. So a kit of pet accessories will be a very welcome addition especially the brush

1 Like

This robovac has been awesome but the lack of a rubber brush option, or a way to just buy a replacement part where the roller attaches with the removable end piece just makes it too much of a hassle to maintain. Its so close to beita fantastic product but unfortunately there seems to be zero progress in making improvements on this model.

1 Like