Robot vacuum docking

I moved the dock to a hard floor with plenty of clearance. The docking improved substantially, though it still occasionally (every other day or so) has a difficult time docking properly, sometimes taking four or five tries of the move out/spin round dance to finally make a solid connection and begin charging. It has not, however, stopped charging once docked, unlike every day when the dock was on the carpet (low pile mind you). Battery life is barely enough but it does complete the floor, so while our previous vacuum was better in that regard I guess I can’t complain about that. Those with larger floor plans might have trouble though (450+ sq ft). Cleaning is adequate, if only the same (or slightly worse) than the Roborock (which had lower rated suction). So yes, still a little disappointed. Hopefully firmware updates can make the docking better as that is still the most annoying thing.

Please unmark this as the solution, as this isn’t working for everyone and the conversation needs to continue. Because you marked it as a solution, now Wyze doesn’t think there is a problem. When there still is, as mine is still not charging even when there is nothing within 3 feet of it on either side save for the wall it’s backed up against.

3 Likes

Mine covers 728 sq ft using just under half the battery. I’m running on quiet mode though. Maybe you’re doing full suction?

Hi @officeron - Glad to hear that the fix worked in your situation. However, as was pointed out, it is unfortunately not an overall Solution to the issue in all situations. I unchecked the Solution box in your reply, but thanks for sharing - it will probably help others!!
Thanks again for the input!

1 Like

@officeron I have the same issue, and have expressed it in other threads on the forum. My latest discovery is if I do the “Quick Map”, it goes out, and docks correctly. When I run a vacuum schedule, it can’t dock. This leads me to believe my dock location isn’t the problem, but something with the code vacuuming vs. mapping.

Floor type: carpet (not shag, but also not thin)

1 Like

If it can dock after quick map but not after cleaning, maybe it’s because it ran out of battery on the way back. Mine doesn’t start to go back for recharging until it’s really low, below 10% for sure.

I wish! It routinely has 70% or more battery left after a clean (it’s only cleaning a 200sq ft area currently). Very bizarre behavior.