Robot Vac Selecting Rooms Bug

Recently, I’ve been experiencing a problem when manually selecting rooms to clean. From the map screen, I can see the names of my rooms, but cannot select them. The normal schedules work fine - this issue only exists when starting a manual cleaning.

The only way I’ve been able to get it to work is to press the “Clean” button, let it run for a minute or so, then stop the job and tell it to return to base. After it returns, I can select the room(s) I want to clean.

I’m on the latest versions of the app and firmware:

Android App: 2.22.21
Vacuum Firmware: 1.6.126

Any idea what might be causing this behavior?

1 Like

I’ve been having this same issue for a good long while now and have submitted a couple of reports with logs through the app. I too found the only way around it is to start the “clean the whole house” option, pause, and then stop the cleaning. I don’t wait a minute. It works if you just do the steps as fast as possible. Then the map refreshes and allows me to select the individual rooms I wanted to clean.

I’m on a Pixel 5 running beta app v2.23.12 and vacuum on v1.6.130.

Here’s a new twist. I tried selecting rooms manually on my Samsung Tab A7, and it worked fine. Same app version (2.22.21).

I immediately tried it on my phone (also a Pixel 5), and it worked there too. Go figure.