Ring doorbell and Wyze bulbs for front porch light

I can’t find the way to make the IFTTT recipe public.
I made the Wyze app have the rule that says when bulb is turned on, wait 15 minutes, then turn it off.

Great!! Thanks for the quick reply.

Thanks. I just set it as you recommended within the Wyze app. Doesn’t seem to need a separate IFTTT filter — I hope!

Since Alexa didn’t allow for a 10 min shutoff after Ring motion or bell push, I used a Wyze app Rule that turns the front porch Wyze bulb off after 10 mins. Yipee!!!

1 Like

All,

I have been forced to use Alexa for a lot of my rules. There is an option you can use, it is called wait. You add a wait (of whatever time you desire,) and then complete whatever actions you want.

I use this a lot. When motion is detected turn on lights. Wait 10 minutes, then turn off lights.

It is a shame that I cannot add waits in the WYZE app. By far on of the biggest disappointments in their app. Why should I have to use third party programs and devices to control these products?

Bob

3 Likes

Actually it does, Use the “wait” function. I’ll PM you a photo of my Ring motion routine setup…

1 Like

Can you send it to me as well? I cant get the lights to turn off after a period of time I tried the wwayze trigger option of turning off after a period Of time but it’s not working

I’ll try. I can’t seem to upload photos on my phone right now. Not sure why…

3 Likes

I did it adding a wyze motion sensor pointing to my door and adding a rule that between 5pm and 6 am (not enough sunlight) when the sensor detects motion it turns on the 2 wyze bulbs in my porch and turns off when the motion “Clears” (no motion for 1 minute I guess) and it works perfectly.

1 Like

The picture posted. See my last post…

I posted a pic directly under your last post…

Thank you! It works now

1 Like

"* I have all off my outside lights (all Wemo smart switches) turn on for 5 minutes between 11:30-5am when my Ring detects motion.
How is this helpful on a Wyze bulb thread?

1 Like

You don’t think its helpful? Let me help you. It’s called an, example. See because that particular routine doesn’t use a Wyze product, I used what I had in that instance. See I figured if I said. “I have all my outside lights (all Yellow Banana peels) turn on for 5 minutes…
…” then it wouldn’t have made much sense.

[MOD EDIT: Post edited to conform with Wyze Community Guidelines]

@moderators

Sometimes We Disagree And That’s Okay

*Ad hominem attacks (personal attacks instead of discussing content of a post)

• Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content

Always Be Civil

• Be civil. Don’t post anything that a reasonable person would consider offensive, abusive, condescending, advocating for violence, or hate speech.

• Respect each other.

2 Likes

It seems as though the Community Guidelines may not have been followed recently on this topic.

https://forums.wyze.com/t/wyze-community-guidelines/6796

In this situation, the moderators’ instructions are to temporarily close the comments and to call in a Wyze employee. The Wyze employee may open comments again after they have a chance to review this thread.

2 Likes

Alright, I’m opening this thread again. Some posts have been edited to conform to our guidelines and some have been deleted.

Please be kind to your fellow community members. If you feel as if someone is being disrespectful, please flag that post so the mods can field it instead of escalating the situation.

6 Likes

I wanted to add a trick that I employed. I have both a Wyze motion sensor and a inside camera on my covered porch. Both face the front door and are hidden unless you turn and look directly at them. The camera allows me to see, of course. And I have that screen up on an old ipad at my desk… The sensor triggers two lights. I have an old gooseneck multiple socket lamp in my room. Three Wyze bulbs. The sensor triggers an Alexa routine, that informs me “Alert, alert, look at the porch”, then turns on one light for 1 min, then it turns off and the second one turns on for 30 seconds. And Alexa says, counting down for second alert. The the second light turns off. The second light allows me to gauge how long its been since the first trigger of the motion sensor occurred. Works great. I don’t use IFTTT any more since they started charging a fee. If I can’t do it with Wyze app or Alexa, I don’t bother.

1 Like