RESOLVED Service Advisory: Wyze devices missing from the app and login difficulties - 10/21/20

It’s still inconsistant for me.
About 20% of the time it takles 30+ seconds for devices to appear. The rest of the time it’s less than 2 seconds.

I’ll hold off on the Home Monitoring sign up.

Why thank Wyze for fixing something they broke? They should be thanking you (us) for sticking around in spite of their best efforts to drive away customers - which in my case has been successful, I’ll be ‘Wyze free’ before lunch time today :+1:.

I have 9 cameras, 4 bulbs, 12 plugs, and a few sensors. All acquired during the early releases, this is the first issue I’ve had and it was more of a minor annoyance than anything. I’m just happy Wyze lets us know when there is an issue. Nothing I hate more than a company telling me they have no reported issues causing me to troubleshoot my end when they know all along it’s on them.

The plugs and bulbs are quite easy to turn on and off manually.

I have a thermostat on the way, look forward to that.

Let’s say you were out of town at the time and this problem hit. You would have never known that your bulbs and plugs turned on, until after the issue was resolved. This is why I’ll never be purchasing anything other than cams from WYZE. They readily admit that there stuff has bugs. I have the email from their support team to prove it.

If I were out of town and they all came on I guess I wouldn’t know, I do check my cameras while I’m out of town so I would have seen the app was down or I would have seen all my lights were on when the app came back up. My neighbor would have sent me a message or called me as well.

I’m not going to try and convince you, I really don’t care if you use plugs or bulbs but…

Which company guarantees 100% up time? A quick search shows the other big players in the smart home stuff also have various outages.

Fair point. For the record, I don’t own any of their “smart home stuff” either.

I was watching Wyze status on DownDetector, and it definitely showed the problem https://downdetector.com/status/wyze/
I understand no company can guarantee 100% uptime, that is why “preventive” maintenance is the key to lessening these type problems. I am also very forgiving for $30/$40 cameras (I add the $10 for the micro SD card, which I feel is required).
I hope the thermostat, doorbell, and headphones are home runs, I will wait till they are out for about 6 months before diving in though. If the Wyze band did body temperature and oxygen monitoring, I would definitely buy one.

1 Like

I’m with you on that and have always been.
At least the cameras can run on RTSP firmware.
I’ll stick with generic plugs and bulbs.

1 Like

Hmm, not sure if I should be grateful I was spared from this outage* or upset that my camera started to randomly stop recording events this month and requires periodic rebooting.

*I too would think my ancient app and firmware might have had a protective effect.

The app seems to be working but twice today all my devices, 12 plugs and 4 bulbs, turned on by themselves.

My cameras won’t even work now. Unfortunately, I’m heading out today to replace these. Even cheap cameras are no good if they don’t work.

It seems unlikely that all of your cameras would quit at once or that this is a Wyze related problem.
It would be more likely a LAN problem on your end.

All my Ai cameras are still working, so problem is not LAN. Thanks though

Using the same theory, all of my Wyze cameras are working so it’s not Wyze. :slightly_smiling_face:
No, I am definitely not a Wyze fanboy. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m glad for you. I still can’t figure out what went wrong. Weird thing is that the cameras are still detecting motion and people. It still notifies me and I can look on events and see that. I just can’t watch the cameras live. Reads ''connecting camera by secure channel" 1/3. That’s as far as it gets.

Ah, that’s a little different than what you originally posted.
That sounds more like a problem with the app. Can you install the app on another device to see if it works better? Have you completely uninstalled and installed the app?

When I first typed that I didn’t realize the cameras were still doing detection. I’ll try my sons phone this evening. He’s coming to see me and I’ll give that a try. I have uninstalled the app and tried again, same thing. Weird, I know. Thanks for your responses.

1 Like

Ok I have had it up to here.
(me waving my flat hand back and forth above my head)with this camera system. Since the update at first only the camera was missing from the app, then somewhere down the road someone figured out what the cause was, took his 2 fingers and flipped a switch, oh look everything is back to normal again… NOT… I’m sorry for my little rant I just had, but I’m fed up with it… it seems like since I have had these cameras around 3 years now, I have had nothing but problems, example… I had a issues with camera a few months back and made a call to customer support. We did all the troubleshooting possible and then he promised me he was going to send me the next upgrade version from mine for free…what I have now is the WYZE CAM PAN… he took all my information down including address and 6 days later I called only to be told I’m a liar and they would never of said anything like that… excuse me but yes he did… so what they had told me was never fulfilled… to make the story even better a week later house was broken into and the 2 cameras were destroyed and 3 were stolen along with my son’s college money he has been saving 600 bucks…I’m now currently out of work because of covid and a single father… we don’t live in the best of neighborhoods so I need cameras asap and would also like to let my son know it’s ok and God has his back. [Mod Edit]
Kreyton Doyle

Moderator Note: Personal information has been manually removed from this post. Such information often gets included inadvertently in an email signature block when replying by email. The forum software attempts to automatically remove email signatures but it is not always successful. When replying to the forum by email, it is best to remove the signature block yourself before sending.

I am replying late but it happened couple days ago when I was trying to fix and reconnect my bulbs, suddenly everything disappeared from the app, since I have app on my wife phone too, it didn’t disappear from her phone though. Logout and in several times on both phones after 15-20 minutes everything came back on my phone.

As of 10:39 am everything is working normal…Really confusing what went on but I’m glad it’s back running

1 Like