Require Confirmation If Arming Security System with open sensor

Using the security system for 2-weeks now and discovered what I believe to be a dangerous flaw. Arming the system “Home” or “Away” lets you arm with open windows or doors. The system states arming and open sensor but then arms the system or goes into the chime countdown. My hub is in the middle of the living room and the keypad is at the front door. When we leave and arm the system, I hear the first few words like “system arming” and then the countdown beeps. Upon testing I found the system did say, “System arming, open window sensor, starting exit countdown.” We did not hear that part and went for a long walk to return and disarm the system and find we left a window wide open. My old ADT alarm would not let you arm the system with an open contact unless you purposely bypassed the open contact.

Suggestion to make the system safer. If there is an open contact, the system should not arm but ask to press the arm button again to confirm arming the system with an open contact. I feel this is a HIGH priority suggestion as it is a safety issue, especially if the hub is a distance away from the keypad.

Thank you!

[Mod Edit]: Title Modified to Enhance Search Clarity.

Most of the time I use the keypad to arm and disarm my home monitoring system, especially at night when my phone is charging. Last night I armed the system for home (using the keypad), heard the typical “system is arming” from the keypad and the familiar “clanking” of the hub. This morning I got up and noticed that I had not shut one of the doors that is included in my Home settings.

These means that as far as I was concerned I was safe and secure all night. But, in fact, there was a door open all night that an intruder could have entered.

When I try to arm the system with the keypad it should alert me to the fact that a sensor is open. Something like “living room slider open” or whatever the title of the sensor is. That would prompt me to go close the door and then go back to the keypad to arm it.

I’ve had many alarm systems and all of them have had that feature, except for the Wyze keypad.

1 Like

only after reading the post, I become aware of "System arming, open window sensor, starting exit countdown.” never really heard this. and don’t care.

system should just FAIL to arm, and be really clear about that.