Request help with camera setup

I’m interested in 4-6 cameras for the exterior of our house (outside). I do not want to pay for a service but DO want access to feed for a short time. I’d prefer motion activated with a card for memory. Additionally, I’d like to have 2-4 indoor cameras. 1 will be fixed while that others may change location depending on season.
Can do this with Wyze cameras?
Thank you.

Absolutely. Sounds perfect for you. The new V3s are indoor / outdoor but hundreds/thousands of us use the V2s outdoors without issue. Stay away from the Wyze Cam Outdoor model unless you have no choice but to use battery power.

1 Like

Welcome to the Wyze community @ballsofire!
Good information from @Customer! If you’re willing to wait, the V3s are definitely worth it for outdoor use. V2s and Pans will work fine for indoors.
All of the cameras(except for the outdoor camera) can support up to a 32GB class 10 micro SD card (larger cards have been used by other people but can sometimes be unstable).

Am I able to use the V3 without a monthly service?

You just have to buy the Micro SD cards and you are good, no monthly fees!

Less expensive cards can be found on Amazon.com.

To clarify, I can buy single unit V3 cameras and place them around/in/outside our house and do NOT need a main unit?

One other issue, what are ways people get power to the cameras? That seems to be a concern…I’m not sure how to do that.

The V3 cameras require power and connection to your 2.4 GHZ WiFI network. No base is required.
A long power cable like this will work:
https://www.amazon.com/Extension-WyzeCam-KasaCam-Charging-Security/dp/B07TKHLZHT/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Wyze+cam+cable&qid=1604023447&sr=8-3
Longer and different color cables can be found too.

1 Like

Ahhh, ok. I get it. In one of pictures on the site it shows the cord going through the window. Not sure I can do that. I appreciate the help. Thank you.

1 Like

Let me know if you’ve got anymore questions!

1 Like