Just received my Robot Vacuum and it’s the first product I’ve been frustrated with from Wyze. To be fair, it’s the Wyze app, which I’ve never before had issues with until now.
- Add Robot Vacuum
- Press both buttons to reset wifi on vacuum
- Hit next in app, taken to “Select your network”.
- My 2.4Ghz network SSID is selected and I enter my password
- Hit “next” and get the error "request binding failed, please try again.
Things I’ve done:
- Turned off 4G on phone
- Made sure Wyze is allowed Location Services and Precise Location is on.
- Turned off 5Ghz network on router
- Turned off 20/40 MHz Coexistence on 2.4Ghz
- This same SSID is used for 10 other Wyze products (before I made all the router changes)
- Reinstalled Wyze app
- Password is simple 8 characters, letters only.
- Full signal, I’m near the wireless router
- Rebooted Phone
- Rebooted Router
- Rebooted Vacuum
Router: Netgear Nighthawk X4 R7500v2