Replacing a lamp on a timer

Which would be the better and more stable option for a lamp that was previously on a timer the Wyze Bulb or the Wyze Plug.
This will be for everyday at the same time period.
Thanks, Jim

1 Like

I have both… Wyze bulbs on schedules and lamps connected to Wyze plugs on schedules. They are about the same. Both recover to last known state upon power outage/restoration. Both appear to have the same WiFi range.

Wyze Bulb pros: you can set brightness and color temp in your schedule.
Wyze Plug pros: you can use the plug for something other than your lamp when you need it.

The bulb is a great option for permanent fixtures like a porch light. I use plugs for any interior non-fixed lamp.

1 Like

They’re both roughly the same price, and reliable (except maybe if you have frequent power or internet outages?). I would use a bulb for the added adjust-ability for color temperature and brightness.

2 Likes

Thank You,
It’s good to know that they are both equally reliable, I kinda like the idea of having the adjust-ability that the bulb provides. I think I’ll try that. :+1:

Thank You for the feedback.
It’s good to know that they are both equally reliable, I kinda like the idea of having the adjust-ability that the bulb provides. I think I’ll try that.

1 Like

No prob… and welcome to the Wyze community. :+1:

1 Like