Remote temperature sensors

I too hope these come out soon as I purchased the Wyze Thermostat based upon this accessory.

2 Likes

As did I as well.

I will be seriously disillusioned with Wyze if this isnā€™t eventually delivered as promised before the end of the year.

2021 year, just in case thereā€™s any confusion on the part of certain people.

1 Like

My WYZE app on my iPhone updated today and there is an icon at the top of the screen for the thermostat that looks like a capsule. So of course I tapped it. It took me into the ā€œadd a sensorā€ menu. Are the sensors themselves available?image

They are notā€¦ This feature was in the previous beta app as well. Looks like the feature was left in the latest release :slight_smile:. An indicator that they are in fact/could be coming. The Wyze shopping page still shows that these will be available in 2021.

I was hoping they would be announced this past week, with all the other new products they came out with. Thereā€™s only 2 months left to 2021, hereā€™s to hoping we get them soon!

Unless one has zoned areas or a way of dynamically throttling heat or A/C to particular zones do these provide any benefit? I mean I could put one in my basement (which runs cooler) but to raise the heat in the basement by two degrees wonā€™t it just make the upstairs two degrees warmer as well? Maybe a lot more people have zoned systems.

With the remote sensor it should average the temperature of ā€œentireā€ home.

But, yes in your case would make basement warmer but the upstairs would be warmer as well.

I have one zone for the entire house, and Iā€™ll be using it (once it finally arrives) to collect data. For example, when the heat is on for an hour, the temperature rises 5 degrees in the bedroom, but only 2 in the living room. Once I have that information, Iā€™ll be able to adjust the temperature to the best of my ability to what I want. Itā€™ll even help with more basic things - how hot is it actually in this room when the kids claim itā€™s boiling? Does opening the door or window help?

2 Likes

Well, one more day left to this year, but it doesnā€™t seem like itā€™ll be showing up. On the thermostat page, it now says the sensor is coming in 2022.

I wonder what the page will say on December 30, 2022ā€¦

2022 and still nothing. What gives?

1 Like

So far so good.

What will it say at this time next year?

Hopefully ā€œClick Here To Orderā€ :pray:

Terrible that there is still no update on this, had i know this ā€œcoming in 2021ā€ was a complete farse i would have gone Ecobee it really isnā€™t worth the few $ differences to get half a product.

1 Like

Still no updates? Bummer.
Every email I get from Wyze, I let my hopes up, and then they come right back down by the end.
Hopefully, once it finally comes out, itā€™s a rock solid reliable and quality product, that would make it worth the wait.

1 Like

Just got my Wyze thermostat warranty replacement today. In the box was a flyer about the sensor. Dont know if its coming out bery soon or what bit iā€™ll include the pic of the flyer for you guys.
this is the front of the flyer.

1 Like

Yeah. Iā€™m sure it will be available Real Soon Now.

:Eyeroll:

Ha ha, they had that printed back in 2019 when the originally planned to release it :angry:

There wasnt one in the box when i bought my original one so this is got me wondering