Remote Access [Moved]

I have four V2 cameras but none of them will connect remotely. I also have a Guardzilla within 5’ of one of my Wyze cams and it will connect every time with no problems. I’ve put in two support tickets but still haven’t received a fix.

I feel your pain. In one place I have a 1080p PTZ cam about 2 feet away and it connects and streams just fine. Guess Wyze just hasn’t figured out how to do video transmission as well as others. I’ve started giving the cams away to neighbors that don’t need remote access on a reliable basis. I just replaced the WyzeCams with $40 PTZ cams where I needed remote access.

I am having exactly the same issue as those discussed in here. I have opened a trouble ticket (#19589) and joined the Beta program but no success accessing remotely. As one of the participants in here has indicated, I too have a Centurylink Modem/router and DSL. I have looked at my router configuration and run the diagnostics that Wyze support suggested (Route-This-Helps), but can find nothing. I have 2 Foscam IP cameras that work great when I travel. I am about to give up on this. I don’t need a camera I can only use at home.

I ended up going to a faster DSL service (Bonded DSL) that gets me 2Mbps upload speed. This has solve the problem. I can’t explain why these cams don’t handle slower speeds as well as the PTZ knockoffs and third party apps. Oh well, maybe they will improve the performance later.

I don’t understand why if it is internet upload speeds why my being on the same internet would enable the live feeds to then work.

If you are on the same network the video doesn’t have to transit the internet, not limited by upload speed at that point.

having same problem here! must be my upload speed. I have 6/1 DSL. I have had other foscam cams and they did not have this problem.

Yep, their minimum up speed for HD is 1.5 and 1 for SD. Realistically, you probably get 80% of the advertised speed, so about 800k upload. As your provider about increasing the upload speed. They may have to put you on a bonded DSL line to achieve that, just depends on where you are in the network.

I love these cams but they are virtually useless if you can’t access them remotely.

I just ordered bonded DSL as well. Sounds like that will cure my problem…plus improve lots of internet streaming!

Need to try to isolate any changes around time it stopped working. I’d think has to do with routing/firewalls/internet connection. Firmware upgrade to any of the devices - camera/wireless ap/router/modem? Does your internet provider manager your router / modem? Could they have updated anything?

It took care of my problem. Watch your up/down speeds and I bet it will be on the fringe before the upgrade. This isn’t the solution to the Wyze problem but it’s what the user can do. Maybe one day they will do some optimizing of their code and become a bit more efficient in processing the image stream. Other than that, I’ve been pretty happy with the little cameras, 12 of the now running . Can’t wait to see a weather proof one.

They have never worked remotely. All firmware is up to date. They just don’t work with standard DSL.

I just got two of these cameras (Pan) and have very little luck in getting video streaming outside of the house. I’m running on Comcast at home with 200Mbps down and 20+Mbps up. I use either my work Internet (super fast) or my Sprint phone LTE service (has no issues streaming HD movies when I’m on the LTE network.

At times it will run pretty smoothly but then just freeze for several minutes. Other times it won’t connect at all. I have used other HD cameras in the house that stream perfectly fine. The router is literally 9 feet away from the camera so it has a perfect connection to the router. Any thoughts?