Refrigerator / Freezer Temperature Sensor

I would like to see Wyze innovate with a long-life (lithium?) battery powered sensor specifically designed for refrigerator and/or freezer monitoring. It might include a light sensor as well as temperature and humidity sensors. The key here is alerting when the temperature or humidity is outside of the high and low thresholds. Maybe the sensor can be stuck inconspicuously on the inside, but easily removed, with a user replaceable battery. This product could save hundreds of dollars avoiding spoiled food. Extra credit: tell users whether the food is still likely safe or not based on the time and temperature.
As a bonus this could also be used outdoors for freeze, temperature and humidity sensor. Our community will find all sorts of uses.

Add a water sensor for multi purpose and high value.

I have something similar, but in an indirect way. There is a sensor I put in my refrigerator that activates a very shrill alarm when the light level is high for more than 5 minutes. I’ve had this for years. Closing the door turns off the light, which turns off the alarm.

It so happens that a nearby Wyze camera sends me a notification when it hears that alarm going off.

Can you provide details on the light sensor?

I’m sure that I bought it on Amazon, but I can’t find it there. Here is a link that Google found for me.

There is a big market for a temperature data logger.
Temp range should be wider for all purposes.
QA/QC always wants to have temp logger for checking food quality.
It would be nice if we can use amazon server for sharing temp log data.

Thanks for the request! And while we are working on a temperature sensor it won’t really work for your use case. The issue is that fridges/freezers prevent the Sensor from communicating with the Bridge. So while it’s a great use case, we are going to first tackle the more general temperature/humidity sensor. But thanks again for the idea and keep them coming!

3 Likes