Refresh Thumbnails Easily In Devices

That refresh only updates the thumbnails from the last time you visited the camera, but doesn’t go get the current image.

Yes that’s what it does currently, I’m suggesting that it actually pulls a new image from the camera when refreshed. Sorry I wasn’t clear.

Feature: Add an item in the camera settings to periodically update the camera thumbnail image.

Motivation: Under current implementation, the camera thumbnail is usually stale. With the new feature, the camera thumbnails can be relatively fresh whenever user launches the app.

UI: A camera settings option that says something like: “Update thumbnail every X hours | days”

Implementation: Create WorkManager(s) to run at the specified interval(s). When job runs, capture a single frame from the specified camera(s) and save to disk. On app launch, bind the cached images to camera thumbnails.

1 Like

Really hoping after a few years we can get this pushed to the roadmap! Wyze needs this, especially for those of us who use it to monitor businesses, properties, pools, and multiple kids. As others have pointed out, other products offer this and it’s one of the best and undervalued features. How this doesn’t have more votes is beyond me!

1 Like

Reduce clicks to Refresh Event List, Remove or restore functionality to Person and Motion buttons

Scenario: I have done a Select All and Deleted all of the recordings. Minutes later I hear the notification that a new recording has been made. In order to see any of the new recordings from the same cameras, I must click on the (x Cameras) button, then I have to click on [Show results] button. Can a single (Refresh) button be placed where the (Person) and (Motion) are located now since those 2 buttons bring back exactly the same list? Expectations for those 2 buttons would be clicking on (Person) only brings back Persons and (Motion) only brings back Motions, so I haven’t figured out exactly what the difference between those 2 buttons is supposed to do. Either give separate functionality to those 2 buttons and/or add a single REFRESH button that displays all non-deleted recordings.
EDIT: Adding additional conversations on this post: Having it automatically add new recordings as they occur rather than hitting a REFRESH button or doing the Swipe Down action.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

Inside the wyze app can you please either 1. On opening app all cameras show a live view or 2. Have each camera automatically update its thumbnail at a select interval, like every 10 seconds?

[Mod Note]: Your request was merged to this topic for consistency in grouping similar requests. You may also wish to comment on and/or vote for “Animated thumbnails on App HOME”. Remember to scroll up to the top and click the VOTE button.

1 Like

Home Screen Refresh updates all thumbnails to a current snapshot for overview.

I would like to see the ‘Home Screen Refresh’ be used as a means to provide a quick overview for all cameras. It’ll collect a snapshot of the camera(s) current view(s).

This way, if you looked at some of your cameras at night. And it’s now day, you can quickly get a current snap shot /overview for all cameras.

Currently, The refresh is used for fixing a connection. It’s a wasted opportunity b/c you generally have to go to that camera to fix issues. It’s better utilized as a, ‘Refresh Overview’.

[Mod Edit] Merged with an existing wishlist topic. Give it a vote to help it along!

1 Like

That does not refresh the current views of the cameras. It only refreshes the recorded events of the cameras.

He is responding to a user who wants to refresh the list of events on the Events tab display to pull in new events. Pulling down while viewing the events list does refresh the list pulling in new events and rebuilding the thumbnails, but that is unrelated to this wishlist topic.

1 Like

@Seapup and @UserCustomerGwen (2 of my Favorite Moderators),

Wyze sent me a survey about a month ago, and as I went thru it, it became obvious (to me at least) that the app has barely changed over the last 4 or 5 years. Example, this WishList thread started in 2018. It’s had numerous suggestions and alternative ways to improve, but 4 years later, it’s still exactly the same. It seems the only modifications to the app occur when it involves us spending more money (i.e. Cam Plus and Cam Plus Pro).

Coming from the software industry, we always strived to reduce the number of mouse clicks to accomplish a task. Almost everything in the Wyze app seems to require EXTRA clicks. Another example: A camera at night ends up with a moving spiderweb and it creates hundreds of recordings. Going to the Events tab and pulling down all those recordings to delete them will take 15 minutes and god knows how many swipe downs to finally get them all loaded so you can delete them. How about a LOAD ALL button?

My point is; Wyze gives us the ability to create these WishList items, but if they never do anything to implement them, then all they are really doing is giving us some crayons so we entertain ourselves, hoping we simply become placid and forget about these items.

Richard Leavitt - DaBassMann

2 Likes

If you look on the #roadmap, you can see many threads that are marked as “launched” or “in development”. These all originated as wishlist threads.

The Wyze app has had many changes, and if you have been a custom since the beginning you will see that. The ui is slowely improving, but Wyze is a small team and they can’t afford to tackle small issues like this.

By posting here, it’s gaining more traction and eventually Wyze will take notice and work on it.

@IEatBeans,
From the beginning; No, but probably since mid 2019. I’ve seen a lot of bugs introduced via Updates and usually the critical ones are fixed by later updates. I still have a bricked V3 that was easier to replace than to fix. I imagine all the new products are taking the majority of resources, so rather than making improvements in existing products, the existing products suffer while chasing new business. I truly understand the need for companies to move forward and grow, hopefully not at the expense of existing customers and having every product with tolerable faults. The cameras are improved and well seasoned, but the app unfortunately has stagnated a bit. Errors in Detection Zones, Sensitivity that doesn’t really do what it was intended to do, Green boxes that really don’t signify what actually started the recording but only what is the most prominent movement, refreshing the camera thumbnails, clunky and laborious event lists, the inability to see multiple cameras simultaneously, changing a camera from Cam Plus Pro back to Cam Plus makes setting changes that the user is unaware of, the list goes on and on. When customers see (or discover) the multitude of bugs, and something as simple as refreshing the camera thumbnails goes unaddressed for 4 years… well, I don’t think I need to say much else.
I have been a staunch proponent of the Wyze products, looks at my history of helping people in the Forums, both here and on Facebook. But it’s getting harder and harder, especially since Wyze starting acquiring all the new products and I can see the same complaints coming in around those, too.
You may call each of the things I mentioned “small issues”, and they would be if those were the only issues that people had. But when there are lots of small issues, they become ONE LARGE issue.
As the old saying goes, Please don’t piss in my eye and tell me it’s raining!
Dabass

1 Like

Ok, Thank You . Sorry this format for this forum is not user friendly unless you’re using it all the time. I’m Just learning and it’s like android, you need to learn a bunch of unnecessary steps seemingly to do simple task on here. It’s over complicated.

1 Like

Refreshed camera’s pic when opening wyze app

Hi,
just a suggestion if you can update the software for wyze app so when you open the app all cameras will get refreshed (updated/current) pictures of the cameras rether then opening each individually and the getting the current pictures.
thank you
Petr

1 Like

Hi. I’m not sure I understand. Are you asking me something or telling me something?

I am not asking anything, it is just a suggestion/tip for wyze developers

Wyze really needs this like the ring app. My other house has all ring cams and when I open the app, all cams refresh the pic and refresh periodicly.

It is disappointing that 4 years after the original post we still do not have this. This isn’t a minor inconvenience for anyone trying to seriously use Wyze has a home security or video monitoring solution. I love my Wyze cams, but this is such a basic feature for a security/video monitoring solution.

2 Likes

This is a pretty basic feature. I don’t mind that it would take 10-15-20 seconds to update when opening the app (as long as some progress indicator was showing). Pretty please?

-m

Wow! 4 years and still no software update for something so simple. A shame.

I have another system that does do this and every time I see its cameras update I still wish Wyze would do that. Surely this isn’t hard? A quick software change, plus an option in the menu to enable/disable for those who don’t want it.

1 Like