Refresh Thumbnails Easily In Devices

researching

Some people request this to be done by swiping and some request periodic updates. The thumbnails in the Devices section currently aren’t useful for identifying things other than the camera that you’re looking at. If they updated more frequently, people could quickly decide whether or not they want to look at the live stream or if everything’s fine and they don’t need to.

Best,

WyzeGwendolyn

Camera preview on app launch

Is it possible to have the cameras pull a still preview for each camera on app launch? Or would that take too long to load? Maybe there could be a button after launch to pull a preview of each camera.

Few suggestions here -

1. Make the image refresh frequency configurable in the app(5, 10, 30 sec). That way for someone with multiple cameras, they don’t have to keep going into the camera view for each one to know something changed.
  2. Add a second setting option on refresh faster when there is motion change. E.g. default refresh can be configured to 30s or 60s or only refresh once. However if there’s motion, let the image refresh every 2s/5s
  3. When the app opens, please pre connect and pre-auth all the cameras, so clicking each one does not need a 3-5 second wait each time you enter / exit camera view. This will save a lot of pain because today this happens each time you switch cameras.
  4. When in camera view, enable left / right swipe to switch to next camera in the list. Coupled with #3 this will enable users to follow an activity across multiple cameras or monitor multiple cameras quickly. Today this requires a backing out to the list view, then click on next thumbnail, wait 5 sec before you can see the live view.

Take a look at how this has been implemented by Ring. I like that I can open the app and immediately (well after a little delay) see a view (configurable) of all my Ring Cams. I consider this update one of the best feature adds that they have done.