Red dot near Events icon

In the app, why do I see a red dot only sometimes by the Events icon? I have activities 100% of the time from all my cams when I open the app. Occasionally I see a red dot. What does this indicate?

2 Likes

I get that only if I have notifications on and an event occurs. If I have notifications muted, I never see that dot.

2 Likes

I think it means you have new events in the event list

1 Like

Do not have notifications on at all. Never turned them on. I don’t want or need notifications.

I have events 100% of the time. I see every insect, piece of dust, shadow, sunlight flare in range of the cams. Everything is captured. Sometimes I see the red dot when i open the app Other times no red dot.

1 Like

I get the red dot as well. Sometimes 15 to 20 minutes after an motion event and when I checked, notifications are turned off. Buggy app.

2 Likes

that red dot only signifies that there are new events. regardless of your notifications it should be there when there are new events.

having notifications off wont affect this because its in the app itself. and being in the app it is not considered a notification, merely a heads up once you’re already in there.

2 Likes

I respectfully disagree. When my little bell has a strike through it, there can still be event videos taken, a the were last night, but no red dot indicating an event occurred. At least that’s what I’m seeing on my Note 9 Android device.

I stand corrected sir. I just tested it and indeed if you have the notifications on the app off, it does not mark new events with the dot.

It’s just to show you that events have been recorded to go look at them
I set my camera up to not record events in home mode only away mode
When I leave the house I go to away mode first page of the app

Unfortunately I get the dot but no notifications show up … I know things have happened but my camera does not record. Brand New, month old V3 with cam plus.

I feel cheated. Have tried everything.

Welcome to the forums!

You get the red dot next to the events tab in the app home page? Wheat do you see what you ever the event tab? Any videos? Do you have any filters enabled? What are your camera event recording and detection settings? Hope to help figure this out! :slight_smile:

Event rec enabled. No filters. It just doesn’t record any events.

But you get notification for next to the event tab in the home page? Like so:

Yes. But no events like I got when I first installed the cameras.

Can you post a screenshot of your event tab showing no videos? I’ll tag in the @mods to get your forum trust upped so you can post the photos.

Edit/. Also if you can include screenshots of your different recording and notification settings for the camera, that’d be great. Fresh eyes on your setup might be able to notice something amiss. Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag @Omgitstony… I checked and @cooshiedog’s trust level should allow them to upload images.
Tag or PM if there are any problems!

3 Likes

I ended up going down to the house (it was a few hours away) and I unplugged it. That didn’t work so I think what I ended up doing was a reset?

In any event, it is working fine now. Fingers crossed!!!

1 Like

Next time you go, you may want to bring a Wyze Plug, connect the camera to it and then you can power the outlet off and then back on. This will do a power cycle on the camera as it is plugged in. In addition, you can setup a rule to restart the camera. Individuals do this nightly or weekly.

1 Like